Archived From Carts to TPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am currently at an entry level position as a cart attendant. With my performance I have time to do extra tasks around the store. I have been talking with the TPS at our current store and me and him exchange information about fraud and theft that goes out on our store while hes not here and frequently keep him uptodate on things because he is the only TPS at our store,..and No one seems to care to talk to him or AP . Hes even taken me into the *Im just going to call it the security room I dont know if its all the same at your stores* shown me how to use theyre equipment *cameras ect* . I personally want to get into TPS. Everyone of my GSA's and ETL's know me for my hard work and willingness to learn more about the store and that I am a dependable employee. But I feel that my current title/position prohibits me from advancement. There is a available spot at a store 5 miles from mine for TPS. How would I go about applying for it? Talk to HR? Apply Online? Should I even talk to the ETL for AP about maybe advancement because you can imagine how much fraud happens with one TPS working like 30 HRS in a 7 day Week.

Definitely see if there is a position at your store first. If not, then check EHR. On there you can check specific job openings at other stores (including the "other" one in your area), you can apply through there. No reason why you can't go from carts to TPS as long as you are outside your 90 days as carts. Just apply, and talk to your ETL's/STL. Hopefully they can give you a recommendation.

Definitely see if there is a position at your store first. If not, then check EHR. On there you can check specific job openings at other stores (including the "other" one in your area), you can apply through there. No reason why you can't go from carts to TPS as long as you are outside your 90 days as carts. Just apply, and talk to your ETL's/STL. Hopefully they can give you a recommendation.

Thanks for the response. I just got my 90 day review... 8 months into my employment lol..got All "Meets Expectations" No criticals. I will most definetly talk to my ETL. What sucks is that my STL just transferred to another store and she really liked me.

Hello. I am currently at an entry level position as a cart attendant. With my performance I have time to do extra tasks around the store. I have been talking with the TPS at our current store and me and him exchange information about fraud and theft that goes out on our store while hes not here and frequently keep him uptodate on things because he is the only TPS at our store,..and No one seems to care to talk to him or AP . Hes even taken me into the *Im just going to call it the security room I dont know if its all the same at your stores* shown me how to use theyre equipment *cameras ect* . I personally want to get into TPS. Everyone of my GSA's and ETL's know me for my hard work and willingness to learn more about the store and that I am a dependable employee. But I feel that my current title/position prohibits me from advancement. There is a available spot at a store 5 miles from mine for TPS. How would I go about applying for it? Talk to HR? Apply Online? Should I even talk to the ETL for AP about maybe advancement because you can imagine how much fraud happens with one TPS working like 30 HRS in a 7 day Week.

Carts,
Good that you have initiative. Just to let you know...AP/TPS can be rough at times.

Apply for it on eHR or talk to your HR. I would also show interest in Guest Service as this will help you get some more experience and more exposed to fraudulent returns/transactions and hard to deal with guests which can lead toward TPS opportunities.

Speak to your ETL-AP and ETL-HR first. Let them know about your intentions, and ask them to reach out to the neighboring store for you!

Carts,
Good that you have initiative. Just to let you know...AP/TPS can be rough at times.

Apply for it on eHR or talk to your HR. I would also show interest in Guest Service as this will help you get some more experience and more exposed to fraudulent returns/transactions and hard to deal with guests which can lead toward TPS opportunities.

I was considering that. My GSTL says I work to hard to be just a cart attendant and wants to keep me in the front at GS... Backroom tried to nab me he was like tell them GTFO.

at our store we were able to add a tps .. a cart attendant , and two electronic TM's applied , the cart att. got the position but then was let go because he was too close to TM's in the store .

Just an update in-case anyone was interested what happened. I didn't get the first interview for the original position. But I got an interview scheduled at another store! Its seasonal though..But I hope if I do get it in the end they do keep me..!!

Just an update in-case anyone was interested what happened. I didn't get the first interview for the original position. But I got an interview scheduled at another store! Its seasonal though..But I hope if I do get it in the end they do keep me..!!

Keep trying! Ask your etl-ap for they anyone too. Things can change. Be proactive! Get notice by Gstl, get It done person!

I have another Question though... If they called me to setup an interview Thursday. I applied online Wednesday and today I looked online said the position was un-available. Does that necessarily mean that they have someone already chosen or just enough people to interview for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back