Archived From TL to District Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllRedEverything

Sr. TL, Backroom
Hey Guys,

Question for you. Since ETL is technically a district role, would a TL to BP promotion be possible? Has anyone ever seen it done? I only ask because my ETLs feel that I'd be better suited in a BP role in my succession planning conversations.

Thanks!

I doubt that someone has ever promoted from TL to BP. When they discuss your succession planning, it is generally about what role you strive towards. In business college, they ask you where you see yourself as the best fit, and the roles that you then have in your succession plan are picked with that development path in mind. For example, if you saw APBP as the position you wanted (over an STL position as one of the other paths) they may start you in GE or SF, then focus on AP, Operations, or Logistics. If you do well in those positions, APBP would then be likely. If STL is your path, they may get you experience in Food or HR as well. Your succession plan is just the make up of the positions you will likely do, with some sort of career goal in mind at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back