Archived Front-end backstock

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, how does your store handle front end backstock?

See spot save
Candy/gum
Batteries
Gift cards

Do you actively backstock, or do you have areas where it just collects? Is there a method to the madness? Does the GSTL/GSA backstock, or does a BRTM do it?

Questions, questions, questions!

See Spot Save gets staged on pallets and every morning they have a cashier come in early and push it out. Candy and gum get backstocked in the candy aisle in the backroom. Batteries get backstocked in the electronics backroom. Gift cards are stored in the front lanes stock room were they keep extra bags and receipt tape in. Usually the opening GSA or GSTL will refill the gift cards in the front lanes and around the store. For backstocking the backroom does it.

See spot save
Candy/gum
Batteries
Gift cards

Do you actively backstock, or do you have areas where it just collects? Is there a method to the madness? Does the GSTL/GSA backstock, or does a BRTM do it?

At my store, the backroom team is responsible for all checklane candy, batteries, One Spot, etc. We have a small candy room up by the checklanes that has backroom location labels where all checklane stuff is backstocked. The batteries are in the front electronics backroom and the One Spot is backstocked in the main backroom in the back of the store.

If backstock sits in this front checklane stockroom for more than one day, our STL instructs the GSTLs to send an email to the Backroom Team Lead that backstocking needs done up there. A copy is forwarded to the ETL-LOG and the STL.

We usually have all front end freight up front in the morning... After working it, we usually have the cart attendant clip it as backstock and push it back.

If we have any outstanding freight after like 11am, we usually just push it to the BR and put a pull clip on it (to keep the front end brand)

At my store, it's all treated like normal backstock, except for gift cards. There's a specific tub with a shelf devoted to gift cards, and occasionally the GSTL will grab the tub and push gift cards to all the checklanes and sidecaps.

At my store, it's all treated like normal backstock, except for gift cards. There's a specific tub with a shelf devoted to gift cards, and occasionally the GSTL will grab the tub and push gift cards to all the checklanes and sidecaps.

My store handles front end backstock the same way. We have a tiered cart devoted to gift cards that we keep in the supply closet off TSC (where the cart attendants' supplies are stored), and GSTL/GSAs bring the cart out to refill every now and then.

See spot save
Candy/gum
Batteries
Gift cards

At my store candy/ gift cards gets put in our GS Closet.

All of our front end merchandise is backstocked in the regular stockroom except for the gift cards which is driving the instocks team crazy as they keep showing up on our task list to scan...I wish the ETL would fix this!!!!!

just a warning if your store uses the front end storage closet. ours has some kind of electrical mumbo jumbo box in it, and the temps get warm. your chocolate will age/melt prematurely due to the high temps. we moved all our bs to the candy aisle in the br. now it's just used for cl supplies.

just a warning if your store uses the front end storage closet. ours has some kind of electrical mumbo jumbo box in it, and the temps get warm. your chocolate will age/melt prematurely due to the high temps. we moved all our bs to the candy aisle in the br. now it's just used for cl supplies.

Thats interesting and I may have to talk to the GSTL about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back