Archived Front End Metrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettajunky

Ex-Front End Bangarang!
I know about cashier speed, conversion, restrooms and all that jazz. But when the additional assist button is pressed is that recorded for a score somewhere.

When I first started I was told that if you had more than 1+1 you need to hit the button. When you hit the button it is kept track of so they know to schedule more people the same time next year if its really busy. Is this true?

You know what I mean, its hard to explain. Kind of like how we compare yearly sales to determine next years goals. Everytime that button is pushed is that factored in as something that determines next years scheduling?

Just curious because I used to use it all the time and after 6 years I really don't see a change from year to year, if anything we have less help. Now, I don't even bother pushing it, I just call for backup automatically. Some of our team leads and ETLs get furious when they hear the button go off and tell the cashiers not to use it. So sometimes if I have to go off stage I leave the front to guest service and then they get busy, nobody bothers to call me and when I get back out there theres a butt load of backup because nobody pushed the button!

Welcome to Target...the current trend of only 2 cashiers & no salesfloor backup

Welcome to Target...the current trend of only 2 cashiers & no salesfloor backup

we actually only had one cashier until 10 today. I had food ave, and guest service on while i ran around like crazy covering them, getting calls, getting change, supervisor overrides. You know, all the fun stuff! lol

One day last week, it was just me on the front until 930 when food ave and a cashier were scheduled. I think I need to change my name to Front End King or at least get a badge that says it!

Jettajunky, Front End King.....I like it!

I do too red and I think I deserve it. I know I know Im just a lowly gsa but my STL makes us do EVERYTHING the gstls do including but not limited to business walks, statuses, sit ins on coachings, and all kinds of stuff I shouldn't have any hand in. Im not sure if its like this everywhere but I think we definitely deserve gstl pay if we are going to be doing the exact same things!

Same here. GSA getting dumped with all the crap the GSTLs don't wanna deal with.
They do draw the line on coachings & reviews but, the stuff they've been having us do lately sounds very much like statuses & bus walks.
All hail, Jettajunky! King of the front end!

Now....go under "settings", then "edit profile" & ditch that "new member" badge!

Jetta - I agree with you on some respects. At my store, our GSAs that we felt had potential were encouraged to fill out business walks, etc. This was done for their development. Think of it this way, as a GSA you want to be as knowledgeable of the front end as possible, because if your GSTL ever left, the first person they generally look to is the GSA. It is good to get as much out of the role as you can. There are definitely things I do that my GSAs do not, such as corrective actions, interviews, and reviews.

As for the coachings, I am not a fan of that. The only reason, in my opinion, it is okay for a GSA to sit in on a coaching is if you yourself were the witness to whatever the situation and you can provide the best insight. At our store this is the only time a GSA sits in.

At my store, our GSAs that we felt had potential were encouraged to fill out business walks, etc. This was done for their development. Think of it this way, as a GSA you want to be as knowledgeable of the front end as possible, because if your GSTL ever left, the first person they generally look to is the GSA. It is good to get as much out of the role as you can.

You would think so but the last 3 GSTLs at my store were outside hires or from other depts with no front end experience whatsoever. One jumped to another dept as soon as they could, one stepped back down to another dept & the other quit.

You would think so but the last 3 GSTLs at my store were outside hires or from other depts with no front end experience whatsoever. One jumped to another dept as soon as they could, one stepped back down to another dept & the other quit.

That's unfortunate. I wish people would realize the job of GSTL is not for everyone (don't even get me started on people trying to tell me how to do my job who don't have the slightest clue what they are saying). That being said, in a perfect world our store would have had no problem filling the GSTL spot that opened up six months ago (that we just filled four weeks ago). So, in a nutshell that doesn't always happen... most of our GSAs either transfer out or quit. The ones we do invest in at least improve their performance by leaps and bounds over the others.

What I was trying to get at is you want your GSTLs and ETL to know YOU are the best replacement, and when or if the time comes, by getting the most out of your position and showing that potential that I am positive you are showing right now, their decision will be a no-brainer. Good luck!

Redeye, the same thing happens here too, our current gstls are both outside hires.

Mr mr I feel like I'm trying as hard as I can but just can't seem to get all the way there. I think I'm well qualified for it and have tried for it on a few occasions but just can't quite seem to get it. This last time though I was told not to apply because there will be something "better" in a few months. Just what it was I was not told only that it's something more challenging .

Redeye I'm not sure if you're male or female but I always love talking to you!

It kills me that they nerfed the photo scores and put a condensed version into the Front-End metrics.

Arghhhh!!!

Redeye I'm not sure if you're male or female but I always love talking to you!

I'm a gal, pal. And I always have fun with you & the other peeps here 'cause ya'll been there, done that & wore the T-shirt. ;)
Now, when are we gonna get you your CROWN?

Not kidding when I say this I have a Burger King crown in our GE office that says "Senor GSTL" -- I won't break it out but I've been known to point to it when I am trying to make a point... one of my co-GSTLs gave it to me as a joke because I've been there the longest out of the three of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back