Fulfillment

Is filling (fulfilling) an order timed? I wouldn't mind doing it but don't know how fast I can go anymore. I see kids running to get ordesr out the door for car pick-up.
Thanks again.

Is filling (fulfilling) an order timed? I wouldn't mind doing it but don't know how fast I can go anymore. I see kids running to get ordesr out the door for car pick-up.
Thanks again.

The kids running drive ups are usually going faster than the people doing OPUs, unless OPUs are slammed and they have to pick up their pace. DU is more like sprinting and OPU is more like paced long distance running. Also people doing OPUs have to climb ladders and come down the ladder with an object.

The kids running drive ups are usually going faster than the people doing OPUs, unless OPUs are slammed and they have to pick up their pace. DU is more like sprinting and OPU is more like paced long distance running. Also people doing OPUs have to climb ladders and come down the ladder with an object.
DU isn't being stopped by guests for help, maneuvering around as many guests, or having to go through freight/repack/flexed planograms to find items once their clock starts. OPU time also includes packing and putting to hold. I typically pick/pack/put around 400 items in an 8 hour shift (7 hours, subtracting lunch/breaks) with green INF, but some of those hours are before store open. That's an ok time, but working on getting it better.

You should also realistically being doing a batch in under 30 minutes. 90 minute goal doesnt mean you have 90 minutes to do it
This has been such an issue with some of our seasonal hires this year. Granted, when you're new, it takes awhile before you can get every batch done in 30 minutes (especially when items are flexed and truck isn't pushed and your ETLs are harping about INFs). But it should not take an hour.

Most of it comes down to training. Our leadership's philosophy is always "Oh, you have 4 new TMs starting today? Good, show them how to do one cart and then you have 4 extra people to do OPUs." One cart = fully trained. This is the philosophy year-round, whether or not it is Q4. Drives me insane.

This has been such an issue with some of our seasonal hires this year. Granted, when you're new, it takes awhile before you can get every batch done in 30 minutes (especially when items are flexed and truck isn't pushed and your ETLs are harping about INFs). But it should not take an hour.

Most of it comes down to training. Our leadership's philosophy is always "Oh, you have 4 new TMs starting today? Good, show them how to do one cart and then you have 4 extra people to do OPUs." One cart = fully trained. This is the philosophy year-round, whether or not it is Q4. Drives me insane.
Weve had some issues with this at my store too. Sending people alone far too early and womder why they are slow and constantly make mistakes

Back