Archived Fully-Loaded Gun Found in Toy Aisle at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama ain't taking guns away. He's too busy telling his thoughts on House of Cards and Game of Thrones. When he's not telling everyone his opinion on trivial things, he is protecting us from terrorists by bombing the crap out of 3rd world countries in which most of the casualties are little kids. Just sayin'.

....except a cell phone isn't gonna blow your little sister away if you mishandle it.
The laws saids the person mishandling it, is responsible. There is no law to "lock up" your gun, even at your house.

I'm pretty sure that varies by state.
Yeh, in my state, if someone is accidentally shot with an unsecured gun the owner is usually charged - unless it was stolen.
As I said in another thread, gun control or outright bans aren't reasonable. Gun ownership needs to be a privilege, NOT a right. If a person goes through training on the responsibility of gun ownership - with a penalty of losing that privilege if abused - it could keep guns in the hands of truly responsible owners instead of these mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging idiots who walk around with these large assault-style rifles like it's a bad-assed toy & they're out to play.

Therr should be rules, training, and guidelines when it comes to owning a gun. I think owning a gun is right. It's a right because you have the right to life and to defend your life if someone is going to kill you. Defending yourself against danger is a right, not a privilege. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

...and I have a right to drive down the road without worrying about some moron with a gun shooting at me because I accidentally cut him off.
Face it - lots of these people turn into swaggering idiots when they're carrying. They haven't learned that, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Any emotional outburst suddenly turns really bad when they realize they've packed their pistol but not their common sense.
These are they people who do. not. deserve. the. right.

Right to life and right to defend that life. Of course there has to be rules but a gun ban would do more harm than good. America tried to ban alcohol. How'd that work out? Don't people die more from alcohol related deaths than gun related deaths? If someone is trying to kill you and there is a loaded gun right by you, are you going defend yourself or just give up? What if you're a woman and some perv guy has you pinned with a knife in his hand and is going to rape you, don't you have the right to shoot that piece of crap?

...and I have a right to drive down the road without worrying about some moron with a gun shooting at me because I accidentally cut him off.
Face it - lots of these people turn into swaggering idiots when they're carrying. They haven't learned that, just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. Any emotional outburst suddenly turns really bad when they realize they've packed their pistol but not their common sense.
These are they people who do. not. deserve. the. right.

If someone would shoot you because you cut them off, it would be easy to establish them as a criminal, and they would most likely keep a gun regardless of what the law says they can or cannot do.

Also in regards to the legality of leaving your gun in the store (and accessible to kids in particular...), pretty sure there would be several provisions of the law that would be in flagrant violation. Child Endangerment wouldn't be out of the question in the least. Firearm holders who are irresponsible with their firearms should be held highly accountable in cases like this; just because the law says they can have a weapon in public doesn't mean they have the right to leave it unsecured. Heck when I was in the military, if I left my weapon unsecured, I could be prosecuted under the UCMJ and/or receive a bad conduct discharge.

One thing is for sure, we don't need idiots like the fool at that Target store giving responsible gun owners a bad rep.

Right to life and right to defend that life. Of course there has to be rules but a gun ban would do more harm than good. America tried to ban alcohol. How'd that work out? Don't people die more from alcohol related deaths than gun related deaths? If someone is trying to kill you and there is a loaded gun right by you, are you going defend yourself or just give up? What if you're a woman and some perv guy has you pinned with a knife in his hand and is going to rape you, don't you have the right to shoot that piece of crap?
As I said in several posts, I DON'T agree with a ban on guns but I also don't believe that everyone should carry 'because they have the right' to do so.
And stop with the 'woman needs a gun to protect herself' argument. If a guy has a knife to your throat, unless your hand is on your gun in your purse or whatever, it's not going to give you any better protection. Women have been killed by their own weapons. If a woman wants to truly defend herself against a rapist, martial arts would be a better choice.
Just like having a gun in your house to protect you against an invader - you either have it in easy reach (then worry whether kids can find it) or it's in the nightstand drawer with the safety on (hoping you're awake & armed before the invader reaches you). Everyone always believes in the scenario of shooting the bad guy before they hurt you but what usually happens is you either shoot an unarmed neighbor kid who didn't think you were home or your kid's friend who was staying the night & didn't know whose bedroom she stumbled into. Or the case of a guy who shot a hooded peeping tom at his neighbor lady's window, only to unmask his own son.

Like someone said before banning guns at TAarget..this event still would have happened anyways. Gun bans only hurt lawful gun owners.

I'd rather have a woman that might get raped by a perv to have a gun on her than no gun. If not a gun, mace. Mace that creep.

Isn't a little sexist to assume that the woman won't be successful in using her weapon against a rapist because she's a woman and the rapist is a man? Kinda writing the woman off in my opinion. And hand to hand combat training is also something should be considered too.
It's 2014 and we all say we are for gender equality and equality in general but are we really for it? We still label women as weak and helpless and damsels in distress and men get labeled as strong and tough and rescuers of women.

I am a big fan of concealed carry and the right to own guns.
I also believe that idiots shouldn't own guns.
If you are going to carry you must be trained.
Anyone who leaves a loaded weapon laying around anywhere and takes their eyes off it for a second, is an idiot or has severe mental issues nether of which makes them capable of owning a weapon.

That's common sense. Just be smart and responsible if you have a gun. Don't do stupid stuff.

Anyone who leaves a loaded weapon laying around anywhere and takes their eyes off it for a second, is an idiot or has severe mental issues nether of which makes them capable of owning a weapon.

I think most states you have to pass a course to be eligible to conceal&carry.

I think most states you have to pass a course to be eligible to conceal&carry.

Unfortunately a few states have decided that even the most minor training would be too invasive.

That awkward moment when Target has cameras in the store.

That awkward moment, when you find out their all empty domes. Seriously, I wish we could see the whole store, but, I'd say we can only see about 1/2 to 3/4 at that. It's really limited honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back