Archived Gave away a shift for today but still on schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my cashier shift for today on the swap shift board and another cashier took it. As I was leaving at about 5 yesterday I told an LOD that it still needed approval and he said he would switch it. He was a little busy at guest service at the time. I looked at the online schedule today and no change has been made. I was wondering if I would get in trouble if he forgot and never approved it and I didn't come in. I thanked the girl who took it and she was happy to get more hours and I'm 99.9% she will show up to the shift.. But will she have problems clocking in? And what if there is a chance she doesn't show up?

I'd call and ask the operator for the LOD, just to make sure.

she will most likely have problems clocking in, but it's a simple thing an LOD can fix when she gets to the store. nothing to be worried about, honestly.

Quick question... will a register allow you to sign on if you aren't clocked in?

so... the girl who said she'd work for me never showed up and apparently the lod never approved it so they called me. i said the lod told me he would switch it and they didn't ask me to come in they just said okay.. so as i left yesterday i was under the impression he would approve it and i would be off the hook. will i be the one in trouble, the girl who didn't show up for me, or the lod? the whole thing is just a big mess and i'm mad.

Technically it is your responsibility to make sure it's signed off otherwise it's just hearsay. If it's not signed on the swap shift paper then your argument is very weak in their eye.

At my store, if she put her name on it, she is responsible, even if an LOD never got around to signing off on it.

At my store, if she put her name on it, she is responsible, even if an LOD never got around to signing off on it.

that's how it should be. because what if you're off the few days before the shift you put up and someone signed up, how would you know if it was ever signed off or not. it's not like you're gonna keep coming in to check.

that's how it should be. because what if you're off the few days before the shift you put up and someone signed up, how would you know if it was ever signed off or not. it's not like you're gonna keep coming in to check.
If you never show up how are you to know if someone signed off. At my store it's on you until an lod signs off. You make sure an lod signs off or else it's all on you. As it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back