Archived GED reimbursement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this odd. I didn't know Spot hires people without a HS diploma/GED anyway, unless they're a high school kid. When I saw the note posted about this, I rolled my eyes because leadership at my store thinks us tms are idiots.

I found this odd. I didn't know Spot hires people without a HS diploma/GED anyway, unless they're a high school kid. When I saw the note posted about this, I rolled my eyes because leadership at my store thinks us tms are idiots.

Target doesn't even verify degrees for TMs so yes we have plenty of folks without a diploma.

On the one hand this is a good thing. But one of our TLs joked. Notice they pay for much education for you TMs because they don't want you to leave and get a better job.

What if you've previously gotten your GED?

Heard about it at the DC. I don't remember what it said about eligibility for our TM's, but it's probably pretty quick if not immediately. We get college tuition coverage as lowly TM's, too... and I think that starts fairly soon after hire. Maybe I'm wrong.

Heard about it at the DC. I don't remember what it said about eligibility for our TM's, but it's probably pretty quick if not immediately. We get college tuition coverage as lowly TM's, too... and I think that starts fairly soon after hire. Maybe I'm wrong.
I think you're wrong. Tuition assistance is only for TL's and above according to my HR people. Same with jury duty (in my state at least), only for TL and above.

Back to the OP- is there a cost associated with getting a GED? I thought that would be minimal if not free.

I think you're wrong. Tuition assistance is only for TL's and above according to my HR people. Same with jury duty (in my state at least), only for TL and above.

Back to the OP- is there a cost associated with getting a GED? I thought that would be minimal if not free.
DC TMs get college tuition assistance. Store TMs do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back