Archived Geek Squad in Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so yes this is my first post, but I used to have an account that apparently was lost.

Anyway I'm in one of those Denver-area test stores with Geek Squad and I was wondering what everyone thought of it, or if there is anyone else that wouldn't mind revealing the fact they work at one of those stores. Personally, I think it's awesome. The boat does get really crowded with not only TGTmobile, but 1-2 Geek Squad agents standing around as well. However, they seem to be very helpful (and willing) to help guests that it allows me to focus on tasks and pretty much let them, and TGTmobile, focus on guest services.

I also love the new GS protection plans, way better than the Target ESPs (albeit slightly more expensive).

Only disadvantage I have encountered was that if you have electronics TMs that don't have anything to do, it is even more easier to just stand around talking to TGTmobile and GS. That irritates me. But does not have much to do with them, it's the TMs and LODs fault.

Overall this past month, I have been pleased with what GS brought to our electronics department. If it hasn't been officially announced already, I am pretty sure Target will role them out in all stores sometime next year.

Anyway what has everyone else been hearing about it, or just comments in general?

Geek squad would be useless in our store. Genius, now that would be useful.

I hope your CDs, & DVDs are perfectly zoned.

Will the Geek Squad TMs be "untouchable" like the Radio Shack people? In other words, if they stand around for two hours leaning against an aisle watching you zone for fun, can the ETLs do anything about it?

Target doesn't pay them, so why should an etl care? Their own people will get rid of them if they aren't making sales.....

They don't just stand around, at least ours. They came in pretty well trained in retail (I mean, they were working at a Best Buy right before) and are walking the department often asking people CIHYFS. TGTmobile more than often just stays by their kiosk texting, and help people who come by. But GS agents actively seek out guests. At night they even help zone even though they technically are not supposed to according to the "rulebook" we got at the start of the program. They get BORED, they want to be of use somewhere. It is a really slow start for them. Yeah we sell service plans often, but as far as people bringing in computers for repair and specialty services such as that, they rarely are busy with them (so far). I'm sure once word gets out people will bring their computers to Target instead of Best Buy exclusively.

BTW ETLs cannot tell them to be proactive or anything, but they can certainly complain to their district manager, who will then remove them from their store and/or fire them. No different than with TGTmobile.

Our target mobile guys are polite and helpful. Remember those guys are expected to make sales, we as TMS are here to help guests and ring up transactions.

I noticed one of the ad signs for a camera said asked about the Geek Squad service. Too bad no one at my store knows anything about it. LOL

One of the reasons I love this website! Hadn't heard anything about this pilot. Please update us after 4th quarter and tell us how beneficial it was. I think it would be extremely helpful during 4th quarter! Thanks for the information!

it's being piloted/tested in 28 stores in the Denver metro area and I believe one store in Minneapolis. They've been in stores since September 30.

One of the reasons I love this website! Hadn't heard anything about this pilot. Please update us after 4th quarter and tell us how beneficial it was. I think it would be extremely helpful during 4th quarter! Thanks for the information!

That is why I do not put the signs for cameras because they say geek squad on them. We can't put them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back