Archived Getting called in @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
So occasionally I get called to see if I want to pick up a shift.
My issue is half the time when I try to call and hit 0 to go to the operator, the line will disconnect. Do any other stores have this issue?
I really hate how unreliable the phone line is as an employee, let alone how annoying it would've been as a guest trying to call.

I agree that happens 2 often . Also when I call another store as operator. Phone system needs to be updated .
Phone systems are just fine.
There is an old eastern proverb. “ the dancer doesn’t know how to dance ,so he says the dance floor is crooked”

Or even use the damn internet.

I couldn't blame people during the holidays who were on their third Target looking for that thing on their grandkid's list that the website said we had in stock but is nowhere to be found, but otherwise? You'll spend less time driving to the store and looking yourself than calling the store.

So occasionally I get called to see if I want to pick up a shift.
My issue is half the time when I try to call and hit 0 to go to the operator, the line will disconnect. Do any other stores have this issue?
I really hate how unreliable the phone line is as an employee, let alone how annoying it would've been as a guest trying to call.
I had this issue a lot...it makes it difficult when needing to return a call to the store while I’m at my other job because I have limited time. It’s super frustrating

Hot tip: press the extension for electronics. It works better than 0 and it actually goes to the operator anyway (at most stores, anyways)

My balls have nothing to do with morons pestering TM with idiotic calls.

We have had trouble with getting cut off, too. The store management has said that they've had it checked out, but nothing seemed wrong......I don't doubt that it has been checked. I'm just guessing that overall there's just too much to have to monitor to figure out the problem.....intermittent problems are really difficult to find when dealing with large telephone systems.

However, I will say that the disconnecting stopped for awhile after we had a huge power outage in our area......it seems to be OK now. So, hope that your area has a major outage and then all the bugs may clear out!!

I was trying to call them back to let them know I couldn't because I had already made plans. When I worked most recently I asked my GSTL and she said to try to transfer to Electronics next time, but to not worry about calling back unless I wanted to pick up the shift. I still felt bad because I have gone to huddles where the TL's expressed annoyance at people not calling back... sooooo...

Whenever I've been called and they left a message, the message said to call back if I was interested in taking the shift, so I took that to mean that a call back wasn't necessary if you couldn't take the shift.

Yeah I was told to not call back unless I want the shift bc the LOD doesn't need to be taking calls just to be told no.

Yeah I was told to not call back unless I want the shift bc the LOD doesn't need to be taking calls just to be told no.

Or just never answer it, I rarely want to go in on my days off, my sleep and not doing anything is more than dealing with stupid people.

Oh I never answer. I listen to the message/request and then decide if I want to call back. Usually it's a no.

I was trying to call them back to let them know I couldn't because I had already made plans. When I worked most recently I asked my GSTL and she said to try to transfer to Electronics next time, but to not worry about calling back unless I wanted to pick up the shift. I still felt bad because I have gone to huddles where the TL's expressed annoyance at people not calling back... sooooo...

Calling back is good, that way I can let the leaders know not to keep calling you. Or you can flat out say please don't call me to pickup shifts, I wouldn't be offended.

Or just never answer it, I rarely want to go in on my days off, my sleep and not doing anything is more than dealing with stupid people.

Your AP though totally different then say a cashier.

Are APs expected to be available all the time? Do they get extra pay if they come to work if they are called in?

Are APs expected to be available all the time? Do they get extra pay if they come to work if they are called in?

I think HRZone was just saying that it is harder to find AP coverage than cashier coverage. The cashier team has a lot more people than the AP team so it is easier to replace a cashier shift.

I think HRZone was just saying that it is harder to find AP coverage than cashier coverage. The cashier team has a lot more people than the AP team so it is easier to replace a cashier shift.

AP TMs are not unilaterally expected to have completely open availability unless the AP team at a certain store is very small. AP is unique in the respect that technically AP team members are district Dxxx TMs as opposed to store Txxxx TMs, as our hours and staffing levels are allocated by the district office. We do however have in-store reporting relationships to the STL. It’s not completely impossible to fill a missing AP shift, but these matters are usually handled within the AP team. At my store HR replaces all callouts except for AP, which is all done by the APTL or ETL AP. Occasionally in emergency situations we can be sent to other stores to cover their shifts. I’ve done this a few times this month for OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back