Archived Getting called in @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from a store with a pretty low theft rate and only have one AP person that works.
If our AP will be gone for a few days, then other APs pick up the shifts. Otherwise, we just have the one AP.

At my store HR replaces all callouts except for AP, which is all done by the APTL or ETL AP.

Hi! Is there an official policy about this? At my store, they have me call every TM so this would be good for me to know.

Occasionally in emergency situations we can be sent to other stores to cover their shifts. I’ve done this a few times this month for OT.

That's cool! Good to know. We lost our ETL AP (no APTL) and only have 2 TPS. When one TPS cannot make it and the other is not available, we have nobody. It isn't an emergency like you said though so I don't know if we can request coverage.

Thanks for sharing info!

Last edited:
I read through the first page of the thread, but I don’t feel like reading through the second to see if my suggestion had been said but....

I would suggest you get the number for several TLs and the HR (ETL, TM, or both) so that when you encounter issues with attempting to return calls, you can just text and see if someone is at work, and if they are, tell them yes/no

Hi! Is there an official policy about this? At my store, they have me call every TM so this would be good for me to know.

That's cool! Good to know. We lost our ETL AP (no APTL) and only have 2 TPS. When one TPS is not available and the other is not available, we have nobody at night. It isn't an emergency like you said though so I don't know if we can request coverage.

Thanks for sharing info!

1: I don’t believe this is official policy, rather it’s just how my store handles it. Our AP team is significantly larger than most stores, so we operate pretty much autonomously.

2: Coverage from other stores is at the discretion of the APBP. In my district the process is such:

1: AP Store Leader identifies serious shortage of APTM’s (such as if you only have one and he’s going on vacation)
2: AP Store Leader requests support help from APBP who will communicate with the other stores and identify if any TMs are willing to cover.
3: APBP will get approval for OT, or not, as the case may be.

Since you have no AP Leader at the moment, it would be up to your STL if he/she wants to ask for a neighboring TPS to cover, and then the APBP would have to follow the above process if they’re willing to spend the hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back