Archived Getting electronics green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on how to get our store's electronic scores green? I cannot remember the last time they were, and I honestly think we do a good job serving guests. We're certainly not understaffed either.

You're talking about Electronics is fast? Or just a green guest satisfaction score?

Lets assume you're talking about the first:

My store vacillated between low yellow to low green constantly whenever the leadership started slacking and the team quality would go to crap. We have animals for a customer base and they demand immediate satisfaction, even though they have a billion stupid questions to ask about tvs. One method we made was total support for back up whenever any of us were with guests and we saw another guest looking lost. It was considered to be the utmost importance to also let the guest know that someone was on their way. This raised the score average a little. Another secondary support mechanism we put in (during those fabulous days of yore when we HAD staffing) was that whenever someone went on break they would do a service lap through Electronics before going on break.

Perception is key. If the guest even see for a moment that a team member is standing around, they're already assuming the service is going to be poor. Weed those jerks out and get motivated people in that department. And by motivated I mean people with reasonable work ethics. AND FOR GOD SAKE HAVE THEM STOP STANDING AROUND THE BOAT. That crap would make my blood boil.

Also get everybody who works there in the habit of CIHYFS if they are walking past.
They might not know Electronics but they can serve as a place holder until someone can be freed up to help and it might be something as simple as opening up a game case.

You're talking about Electronics is fast? Or just a green guest satisfaction score?

Lets assume you're talking about the first:

My store vacillated between low yellow to low green constantly whenever the leadership started slacking and the team quality would go to crap. We have animals for a customer base and they demand immediate satisfaction, even though they have a billion stupid questions to ask about tvs. One method we made was total support for back up whenever any of us were with guests and we saw another guest looking lost. It was considered to be the utmost importance to also let the guest know that someone was on their way. This raised the score average a little. Another secondary support mechanism we put in (during those fabulous days of yore when we HAD staffing) was that whenever someone went on break they would do a service lap through Electronics before going on break.

Perception is key. If the guest even see for a moment that a team member is standing around, they're already assuming the service is going to be poor. Weed those jerks out and get motivated people in that department. And by motivated I mean people with reasonable work ethics. AND FOR GOD SAKE HAVE THEM STOP STANDING AROUND THE BOAT. That crap would make my blood boil.

We are not allowed to stray too far from the boat unless we are with a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back