Archived Getting really, really frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know how much longer I can tolerate this. I had a conversation with HR regarding my availability (back story - I haven't yet hit my 90th day - I have about 10 days to go). This is a second job so when I work during the week, I'm scheduled to close. I don't have any issues with that at all. But I was being scheduled every. single. Friday and then a total of 16 hours on the weekend. So, I spoke to HR and asked if I could change my availability on Friday to 0 hours since I'm working so many hours on the weekend. She agreed. Last night I checked the schedule for the first week of June. I'm scheduled to work on Friday. This isn't the first time they have screwed up the schedule (it's actually the third). I have to speak to someone in HR, once again, about this. I don't want anyone to view me as a pain in the ass, but seriously I'm not trying to be a slacker. I just need to at least have that one day off so that I can rest before a full weekend.

Sorry. Just had to vent.

Wait for the schedule of after that date. Schedule changes can take up 3 weeks to happen. Don't give them a reason to release you as seasonal.

Did you actually submit an availability change or just get verbal approval that you can have Friday's off? Because if it's just verbal, it doesn't mean anything. Somebody else can be doing the schedule, and if they see "Available" on Friday, they're still going to schedule. You need to submit it electronically and get it approved, so that whomever is doing the schedule, they'll see a big fat "UNAVAILABLE" on Fridays

Okay this is going to sound harsh, but I am straight forward. When you were hired what did you submit as an availability? That is what you were hired with. There are 2 important things concerning how you are scheduled. One is availability the other is maximum hours. In my current store they will not alter your availability or maximum hours if you are still in your first 90 days. If your store is willing to change those items, it is your responsibility to submit them in myTIME to be approved. If you have not submitted a new availability the person doing the schedule goes with what is on file. There are 150+ team members in each store. It would be nice if your HR could remember everyones preferences, but that is just not going to happen.

I just don't know how much longer I can tolerate this. I had a conversation with HR regarding my availability (back story - I haven't yet hit my 90th day - I have about 10 days to go). This is a second job so when I work during the week, I'm scheduled to close. I don't have any issues with that at all. But I was being scheduled every. single. Friday and then a total of 16 hours on the weekend. So, I spoke to HR and asked if I could change my availability on Friday to 0 hours since I'm working so many hours on the weekend. She agreed. Last night I checked the schedule for the first week of June. I'm scheduled to work on Friday. This isn't the first time they have screwed up the schedule (it's actually the third). I have to speak to someone in HR, once again, about this. I don't want anyone to view me as a pain in the ass, but seriously I'm not trying to be a slacker. I just need to at least have that one day off so that I can rest before a full weekend.

Sorry. Just had to vent.

There issss something called a swap shift board.

Yes, I submitted a change of availability in mytime, then explained to my HR ETL why. She understood and approved it in the system while I was standing there (and also explained that she didn't usually approve availability changes during the first 90). I checked to make sure it was as well. I'm off today and next Friday so I thought it had taken effect.

I'm aware there is a swap board. But this is the third time that there has been a screw-up with my schedule after I took care of all I was supposed to take care of. It's unfair for me to have to find a resolution to their mistakes.

My store removed the swap shift board about a year ago because to many people were putting shifts up on it and then not coming in for it thinking because it was up there, they were absolved from the shift. Now you hunt down someone to take your shift and use a form.

Under 90 days, spot rules.
Rules, which seem to be as fluid as this water I'm drinking. I'm going to work that shift, only because I'm off that weekend (something they actually got correct). I would at least like to not be surprised almost every time a new schedule comes out though.

When did you change the Friday thing? If it was after Sunday the 17th, then it was too late for the schedule that just came out (May 31st through June 6th). Good luck with the next week though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back