Archived Getting rid of all clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroom88

Receiving_genius
Sorry if I'm always late guys. I just found out a couple weeks ago that my store is getting rid of all clips. So no more green pull clips no more pink backstock etc. It doesn't make sense to me. Is this happening at any other store?

Sorry if I'm always late guys. I just found out a couple weeks ago that my store is getting rid of all clips. So no more green pull clips no more pink backstock etc. It doesn't make sense to me. Is this happening at any other store?

This happens at my store, in the sense that we barely have any clips and people never leave them where they should. We have like 10 backstock clips in the entire store and Pfresh hides 8 in the dairy freezer. I've seen stuff on the back stock line with a green clip and a pink clip because the SFTM who pushed it couldn't be bothered to take off the green one. And then of course back room doesn't back stock it because they refuse to back stock anything unless it has a pink clip or a slip of paper that has BACKSTOCK (Date/TM) in big letters on it.

Not that I've heard. Sounds dumb.
It makes no sense to me either. We just started that today. There was already confusion betwwen pog/salesfloor with green and yellow clips now things are going to get worse!

My former ETL told me to only use the green clips because sf doesn't work the yellows. No, why don't you make them work the yellows since it's their job. New ETL hasn't ordered yellows yet so I think she agrees.

What... How do you identify anything without clips... I carry around a marker so i can write on cardboard when we run out of clips but still rather have the clip and not everyone wants to lug around markers.

The intention is to encourage that nothing should be staged on the line. No pulls staged on the line; you should be pulling, working the pull, then coming back for the next. No backstock either; need to backstock something? Backstock it immediately, then move on. POG or price change pull? It shouldn't be pulled unless it's ready to be worked, and then it should be worked right away.

My ETL-Log told me that no vehicles staged on the line is best practice, but I'm not familiar enough with backroom best practice to know if that's really the case. In any occasion, that's why your store is removing clips.

The intention is to encourage that nothing should be staged on the line. No pulls staged on the line; you should be pulling, working the pull, then coming back for the next. No backstock either; need to backstock something? Backstock it immediately, then move on. POG or price change pull? It shouldn't be pulled unless it's ready to be worked, and then it should be worked right away.

My ETL-Log told me that no vehicles staged on the line is best practice, but I'm not familiar enough with backroom best practice to know if that's really the case. In any occasion, that's why your store is removing clips.
But what about when every grocery batch is 25+dpci per batch, 40 for dairy, 40 for frozen, and gm takes 2 flats, and there's only 2 people. (Literally every hour on the weekend, close to it during the week) I know target has unreal expectations but there's no way they can expect 2 people to pull work and backstock all of that in 1 hour. ...

Ideally the store would be properly staffed, or decisions were properly made, so that product is handled accordingly and timely.

Only in a perfect world though. In a perfect world, the truck would be clean when the last morning BR team member goes home, the POG batch would be pulled by the BR team member when the Plano team is ready...likewise with Price Change, and Seasonal Batches would be dropped/pulled by the appropriate TL when they're ready for it. Nothing ever would be staged and everything would be worked within an hour.

In a perfect world.

56546345.jpg

My former ETL told me to only use the green clips because sf doesn't work the yellows. No, why don't you make them work the yellows since it's their job. New ETL hasn't ordered yellows yet so I think she agrees.
How about this? In my store sf only works POGs. No clips will destroy my store.

This sounds like VIPER. SF does their own pulls and backstock for their area, thus eliminating the need for most clips because TMs know what goes where. My store doesn't use them most of the time anyways.

We go back and forth. We'll be out of green clips, so we switch to yellow for all cafs/pogs/exfs/research. Or we'll be out of yellow clips, so we switch to green for everything. Backstock clips are usually decently stocked. I can't understand why we have 300+ extra clearance and price change clips still in the packaging, and zero green/yellow/pink clips. I guess we've broken all of them because some TMs are too lazy to take them off the carts before we line them up.

I do hope VIPER is the reason for all this. That would at least make some sense. Otherwise the backroom will have to resort to making our own 'challenge' tags. And they will be on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back