Archived Getting scheduled 6 days, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here's the thing I'm working Monday-Saturday, usually Sundays and Wednesday we don't have truck, that's usually mostly everybody's days off, so now I'm being scheduled on Wednesday since I have Sundays availability closed.

Now from all of the sudden I've been scheduled Wednesdays to take care of Diary and Frozen (Super Target), work pulls and Zone (I hate zoning these two departments so much) and to do the FDC truck. I really don't like it! I hate it with a passion, I can't stand the cold, I can help stocking whatever came from the truck, but not taking care of those two departments, what can I do about it? I would love to have my two days off again (Sunday and Wednesday) , yes I understand that it's more hours, but come on, not in those areas where it's too cold. I wouldn't have any problem if I didn't have to be there in Dairy and Frozen.

Close your availability for Wednesday?

Targets business needs mean you get no say in what you do. Heck, I kept getting stuck in SB to cover breaks. Unless you want to say no, and then hope you still have a job or hours, you will just have to deal.

On the other hand, I did decline to be trained for SD (since it meant no bump in pay), but I got away with it due to my survey scores and # of RCs. Just told them I didn't think I'd be as productive getting RCs.

They're probably doing it because you're good at your job and figure you want the hours.

Talk to your TL or whomever writes that part of the schedule.

Well yes my TL have said in the past that she, BR TL and ETL like how I work because of my speed, sense of urgency and my guess service, so probably has to do with it. I would pretty much would like to be sent elsewhere than there

Well yes my TL have said in the past that she, BR TL and ETL like how I work because of my speed, sense of urgency and my guess service, so probably has to do with it. I would pretty much would like to be sent elsewhere than there
This is the turning point where you decide if you take the hours and work you don't like and hope it helps when there is a chance to move later or fuss now and feel their wrath. I've always had better luck just dealing and moving down the road...

On the 4th of July week schedule? Or multiple weeks? I know some stores will schedule people 6 days on holiday weeks. My store gives us this option.

I... Was scheduled 6 days without requesting to take advantage of such an option. And I'm scheduled on the 4th. I've never worked it (they usually don't schedule me, thank the lord), but hours have been so crappy, that I'm gonna work it because I already did the paycheck math, and I can't pass it up. Cry face emoji. Worst part is they didn't even give me OT. They just scheduled me for 40 hours... Across 6 days.

You could try giving the shift you don't want away.

Were it me, I'd say suck it up and take the hours. They aren't easy to come by and many other TMs would be happy to work 6 days straight if it meant paying the bills that week. Maybe put your shifts up on the swap board if you really don't want them so others can take them, and tell your TL so they can give you less hours next time.

Idk if that was directed at me or op. I don't mind 6 days straight too much... unless it's within one calendar week. The whole 6 days within a calendar week with 40 or less hours bothers me. They said in a huddle to speak to them if we wanted extra hours/days that week....

Oh shit. I definitely laughed and was like "not me" with such attitude. They're prob revenge-scheduling me lol. That or the new scheduling system started and the AI dgaf about work-life balances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back