Archived Given my first warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCynide

Cosmetic Brand B*tch
So, I was sat down yesterday and told that the executives and Team Leads had sat down to a meeting and decided that I'm no longer productive. They said that I don't follow specific directions, and they don't see progress on the things they assign me to do, so they were giving me a verbal warning before it goes to CA.

Um, yeah. Because I basically ignore what you tell me to do because you all say something different. One ETL will walk by and drop off a CAF of cosmetics that is overflowing and just random mish-mosh and expect it pushed, but less than 5 minutes later, the STL will walk by and ask me to turn my focus to zoning, and then another TL will come over and tell me that reshop has to be done first. How am I supposed to be "productive" if I can't focus on one task at a time?

So today, I let them sit in the fear that I would continue to be unproductive and leave cosmetics a mess before inventory tomorrow night. Had they been nice and actually asked me what my plans were/what I, the f-ing cosmetics brand team member, was working on, I would've told them that I had already 4x4'ed yesterday and that there was very little left to do.

(I'm in a pissy mood, and it's definitely showing)

Could it be due to your criticism of those leaders in the CEO visit thread?

Either way, I'm sorry to say it seems like the they pretty much told you "hey, we are going to start performancing you out."

As @commiecorvus points out from time to time, you should bring a notepad to work and document everything you are told to do.

Yep start taking notes and make it very clear that's what you are doing.
Then if one persons instructions conflict with another you can hold up the notepad and say "I've got it written down and you need to talk to them."
It might piss them off but you will be following the rules so they are kind of stuck.
Their main whine is you aren't productive enough, so grid out your day and mark down what you did and what the interruptions were that kept you from doing it properly.
Then when they call you on it, show it to them.
They will probably tell you that it doesn't matter, that you still have to get the work done, like they did with me but it's fun making them squirm because they know they are wrong when they say it.

Last edited:
Hi Lady ! That is exactly what it is like in our store!!!!! Like being stuck in a Kaftka story. Everyday is impossible and then at the end of the shift, I have to answer for it. The other night I was snippy about it to STL, so now there will be plenty of repercussions from that .
Just know it is not you, it is Target that is causing these problems and blaming tms. Easier for them to do that then to figure out how to staff and train.
What a goat rodeo. Just try and laugh about it . At this point, i you have done all you can. What can they do to you? Fire you ? Good riddance!
PS. I should warn you that my advice is probably not the best. I quit 2 jobs by just saying F#!@ you and walking out.
Good Luck. And keep that helmet in. Target plays rough!

Have you tried communicating to your leaders that another ETL, TL, etc told you to focus on something different? It's the TL/ETLs' responsibility to communicate between each other when redirecting a TM's focus. It's not your fault - this happens a lot when there are too many chiefs trying to run the show.

I would listen to your ETL or TL over all others, then voice my concerns to the TL if there are conflicts. If the STL redirects then talk with your leader to verify that's what you should do. TMs shouldn't get reprimanded for being pulled in multiple directions.

Hi. I misunderstood. I thought you said final warning. Never mind my advice. I overreacted. I was reading about another tm getting an unfair warning and i just assumed you got the same. Nevermind what I said, they are just messing with you.

Yep start taking notes and make it very clear that's what you are doing.
Then if one persons instructions conflict with another you can hold up the notepad and say "I've got it written down and you need to talk to them."
It might piss them off but you will be following the rules so they are kind of stuck.
There main whine is you aren't productive enough so grid out your day and mark down what you did and what the interruptions were that kept you from doing it properly.
Then when they call you on it show it to them.
They will probably tell you that it doesn't matter, that you still have to get the work done, like they did with me but it's fun making them squirm because they know they are wrong when they say it.

This is actually really great advice. I'll try this.

Also, an update: Apparently, there was no meeting of the Execs or Team Leads. Almost every single one of them who found out about me getting talked to was shocked to hear about it. Thinking it was just that one Exec that has a problem with me.

This is actually really great advice. I'll try this.

Also, an update: Apparently, there was no meeting of the Execs or Team Leads. Almost every single one of them who found out about me getting talked to was shocked to hear about it. Thinking it was just that one Exec that has a problem with me.
I could tell you a story about the most unread coaching at my store ever. But it would out me in a heartbeat. Let's just say some tls get it into their heads to break the rules and hope you are afraid enough to keep your mouth shut.

I normally err on the side of what the lod wants. It's their shift. If another tl asks for something that will keep me from completing the previous task I ask them to call that tl so I can get a verbal ok to change tasks. Right then. Otherwise it's on you.

I hope you can get this straightened out. I worked hard to get my job expectations set down for certain days, as well as what I wouldn't be doing.

I always do what the Lod says to do at night. It got me an IE from my ETL or TL who are never there when I am. Now I am consistently ineffective on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back