Archived Gloves for CAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so in the team member handbook and orientation they mentioned latex free rubber gloves as the gloves for Cart Attendants. All 3 of the other CAs in my store share a pair of thick latex gloves from the store and get another pair requisitioned when one is damaged. I have a latex allergy so am unable to use these.

For my first 2 weeks I used the small latex free gloves from the store found in A block. They were a little small for me though so they ripped after a couple uses. They only had 2 pairs and didn't get more. I guess what I am getting at is, what type of gloves do your CAs use? Does Target have some kind of stock latex free rubber gloves somewhere like the orientation checklists implied? I searched the backroom and the storage closet and only found the polyurethanes. They are clear and thin, polyurethane material. They are alright, but since switching to them this week my cuticles on my hands are dry and peeling a lot and my skin is really irritated. I didn't notice it much while doing carts as I passed it off as just strain from pushing them and I have cashiered a lot recently, but I did a RR checkup as a cashier the other day and experienced similar irritation. I don't know if it is from the gloves or the chemical spray. I will definitely talk to my ETL front end when I see them, but any advice in the meantime would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back