GM ad šŸ˜¬

Since I started at my store I have been the only TM scheduled for GM ad. I'm expected to set A-F stickers and 7Ɨ11 signage as well as the end cap audit for all those sections. I typically get a normal 8 hr shift to do it but today was given 7.

The ad varies per week-i get that. However, I've only been able to finish everything twice. ( I've done this for over 12 weeks) I receive passive comments from my team leads every week about how long this process takes me. For example, "OP you're still in only in toys?" And "OP if you ever one day finish ad go do the audit" ... Like I'm only scheduled 2.5 hours to do all of the ad work so I'm constantly being talked down to when I'm working on ad all day..

Sorry to vent so long, but am I actually way slower than the average ad setter?? Im sick of being talked down to every Sunday because I can't finish all of the GM ad /endcaps during one shift. I honestly never wanted to do it in the first place because I am a top fulfillment TM and I love it more than anythingšŸ˜’ I hate being made out to be a lazy worker and every ad day it's implied I'm slow at my job and it sucks..

Jenna that would work so much better than what we do. I haven't had time to do an end cap audit in 2 months over the holidays and unless they get re-set they are left untouched every week!

I do ad signs. The ad take down crew should be fixing headers to right price. Proper training & communication are the keys to success.

I do the ad set at my store with another team member. Every other Sunday we have an additional person. When it is just the two of us it could take up almost the 8 hour shift. Today got finished early since it was not a heavy ad.

We have 1 ad setter for gm but they donā€™t touch cosmetics tech or entertainment. They also donā€™t audit anything. If they have a sign for an endcap they use it. If not, itā€™s the dbos problem.

We have 1 ad setter for gm but they donā€™t touch cosmetics tech or entertainment. They also donā€™t audit anything. If they have a sign for an endcap they use it. If not, itā€™s the dbos problem.
This is exactly what I can typically finish in my 8 hr shift.

That sounds crazy. All of GM including Beauty and Tech? Might as well throw Style and Market in there too!

I got roped into ad set a few times and hated it. I used to do it at my old company and hated it there too. Luckily I've since established myself as a closer and don't have to deal with it anymore.

Wait so all of you dont have your dbos set thier own ad? I figured that's how everyone did it. We have one person that scheduled just ad that helps out but id say 80% of the ad is done by dbos for the entire store.

Wait so all of you dont have your dbos set thier own ad? I figured that's how everyone did it. We have one person that scheduled just ad that helps out but id say 80% of the ad is done by dbos for the entire store.
We have multiple people come in for ad set, at least we did the last time I was there early enough to notice. A Style TM does Style and Baby Hardlines.

I donā€™t have an add set team. However every dbo is doing their own ad per modernization ie , paper is doing his , otc her , plastic his so forth and so on . The fact that you get schedule a full shift for add is what concerns me since the ad should be up before store opening . As for end cap audit is still the dbos job to do it but Tl or Etl should walk it every weekend.

I used to the ad for Style. Just the ad and after I finish I help in certain departments in Style. Usually it takes longer for me if the ad has a lot of Style. I try to finish before the store opens. But when the pandemic started, they had limited items on the ad so I stopped being scheduled. When they decided to get back to the normal ad, the DBOs started doing their own for their own department so they didnt really need me anymore, which I think makes more sense because they know their department more. Also, in GM people who are assigned to a department does their own ad.

Since I started at my store I have been the only TM scheduled for GM ad. I'm expected to set A-F stickers and 7Ɨ11 signage as well as the end cap audit for all those sections. I typically get a normal 8 hr shift to do it but today was given 7.

The ad varies per week-i get that. However, I've only been able to finish everything twice. ( I've done this for over 12 weeks) I receive passive comments from my team leads every week about how long this process takes me. For example, "OP you're still in only in toys?" And "OP if you ever one day finish ad go do the audit" ... Like I'm only scheduled 2.5 hours to do all of the ad work so I'm constantly being talked down to when I'm working on ad all day..

Sorry to vent so long, but am I actually way slower than the average ad setter?? Im sick of being talked down to every Sunday because I can't finish all of the GM ad /endcaps during one shift. I honestly never wanted to do it in the first place because I am a top fulfillment TM and I love it more than anythingšŸ˜’ I hate being made out to be a lazy worker and every ad day it's implied I'm slow at my job and it sucks..
No, you are doing great. Your store just has unreasonable expectations. Please don't feel like there is anything wrong with your speed. The fact that you've gotten it done 2x amazes me.

Thanks for all the input everyone! It's very eye opening seeing how everyone here is getting ad done every week.

I did want to add that style does the style and baby hardlines. And grocery handles theirs typically. And tech/beauty do their signs(not endcaps)

It seems like a few of you thought I was doing everything- but I'm the hardline ad setter. I can't imagine doing everything in one shift šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t have an add set team. However every dbo is doing their own ad per modernization ie , paper is doing his , otc her , plastic his so forth and so on . The fact that you get schedule a full shift for add is what concerns me since the ad should be up before store opening . As for end cap audit is still the dbos job to do it but Tl or Etl should walk it every weekend.
That's a good point that ad should be done before store opening. Even during November with the big sales i would be setting ad around guests shopping.

I do the ad set at my store with another team member. Every other Sunday we have an additional person. When it is just the two of us it could take up almost the 8 hour shift. Today got finished early since it was not a heavy ad.
Are you both on hardlines or do you handle the entire store? Ex. Grocery, style, tech

We do the whole store. When i sort the signs I will assign the areas depending on who is working. But the 2 of us do the whole store

I'm normally off on Sundays, DBO Toys, how would I get the ad set if I did my own...wait til Monday? On the newest 2 schedules, I'm off Sun, Monday, and Tue. :)

Thanks for all the input everyone! It's very eye opening seeing how everyone here is getting ad done every week.

I did want to add that style does the style and baby hardlines. And grocery handles theirs typically. And tech/beauty do their signs(not endcaps)

It seems like a few of you thought I was doing everything- but I'm the hardline ad setter. I can't imagine doing everything in one shift šŸ˜‚
Having set electronics and toys many times over 12 years, any time after Halloween toys can take pretty much all day to set. I don't know much about domestics/furniture/bedding as I only helped in those areas a few times.

Do you do seasonal too? It can also be time consuming.

The add is not that hard to do . Like I said with modernization each dbo supposed to do their own add and it shouldnā€™t take more than 30-45 minutes maybe and hour to be a bit more ā€œ givingā€.

The add is not that hard to do . Like I said with modernization each dbo supposed to do their own add and it shouldnā€™t take more than 30-45 minutes maybe and hour to be a bit more ā€œ givingā€.
Of course factoring in the first 45 minutes spent taking down store expired ad s....then we 2 get to start our Ad shift. Wash rinse repeat when we're talked to for not finishing...explain we used 45 minutes to take last weeks ad s down....all of hardlines and Market mind you...goes in one ear and out the other.

Of course factoring in the first 45 minutes spent taking down store expired ad s....then we 2 get to start our Ad shift. Wash rinse repeat when we're talked to for not finishing...explain we used 45 minutes to take last weeks ad s down....all of hardlines and Market mind you...goes in one ear and out the other.
We do takedown on Saturday night. The closing leader usually reminds everyone over the radio.

We take down the old ad on Sunday morning. If I do say toys I would take down ad from each aisle then put up new ones. The area that is most time consuming taking down are Market and Seasonal

Back