Archived Going All Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay after 2 weeks and no additional payroll I officially think it sucks. If we were able to do the rollout with additional people to help with the additional workload I may have a different view. As it is, the team is burned out. The unload is not any quicker simply because we do not have enough people to take all of the boxes off the line. With 2-3 more bodies I might be singing a different tune. But 2500 and 198 repacks with 13 people in a Super T is just plain hard

dreading if this ever happens in my store. I am not sure how it would work any better, with the system we have now they cant even get a 2000 piece truck pushed and backstocked in one day. They are pushing the food truck also, and anyone that is in the store at 7am including SFT, POG, Pricing, Salefloor and LODS all have to push the middle of the store till its done.

It sucks.

We've been doing it for a couple weeks now and we aren't adding payroll so we've had rollover freight for the next day or even a couple days later.

Today's truck was 2800. Crushed the unload goal by nearly an hour(didn't get switched out). They allowed for people to stay till Noon. A lot of the team was still in h&b when I left at like 9:15. Had no energy left to stay late.

This just sounds like a terrible idea! Being backroom even though we get the most hours in our store,we barley finish our process in time. I cant imagine everything just coming from the floor at once.

It does seem our trucks are smaller, but backstock is never finished on the day of the truck. We have been all push since April 1. One thing that seems off is our instocks score. I don't do instocks, but I know we are red. I can't attribute all of it to all push and flow, but it seems it tanked at the same time we went all push.

Personally, my biggest problem is that when we are unloading, I am trapped doing transition/not set product against the receiving area. We have a system worked out, but if I turn around for a second to pull a pallet, whoosh! 20 boxes fly by.

It does seem our trucks are smaller, but backstock is never finished on the day of the truck. We have been all push since April 1. One thing that seems off is our instocks score. I don't do instocks, but I know we are red. I can't attribute all of it to all push and flow, but it seems it tanked at the same time we went all push.

Personally, my biggest problem is that when we are unloading, I am trapped doing transition/not set product against the receiving area. We have a system worked out, but if I turn around for a second to pull a pallet, whoosh! 20 boxes fly by.

How does a system like this work with a major set like BTS?
Is it just business as usual or has there been major kinks to work out?

Eventually all stores will be all push. I think i heard by 2015. But they are also making a transition at the DC level where the DC is building Pallets by fill groups so that all you do is pull the pallet off the truck and take it right to that department and begin to push... Think it's being tested in midwest markets. I do believe that Canada rolled out with this. But I am not 100% sure. This is just info I have found out from my peers. Should be interesting when it rolls out....

It is funny if you are around Target long enough you see them changes things and then change them again so that you are back doing things the way you were before. When Target stopped push alls it was something the bragged about, now they are going back to it. I would think it would end up with the floor being more full something Target really needs because the stores look terrible. However if the store is not zoned properly because of no payroll push alls are just going to make an even bigger mess.

Now I'm excited! Certain fill groups are spread out throughout the store, but this will still be better. All stores are different though regarding SF location. I just hope transition is on its own pallets.

One store in our district just went all push. Our Logistics ETL said we might get it within 6 months to a year.

I have to wonder if it is more cost effective to build pallets at the dc where people are paid way more than it does to have the lower paid store team build the pallets as they come off the truck.

I have to wonder if it is more cost effective to build pallets at the dc where people are paid way more than it does to have the lower paid store team build the pallets as they come off the truck.

Not to mention we've all seen the DC's pallet stacking abilities.

We had a pallet of heavy furniture/other goods on top of a pallet of paper towels earlier this week.

We once also had a pallet of signing stuff on top of a pallet of toilet paper that feel and almost landed on top of one of our BR TM's

Last edited:
Furniture pallet came down while trying pull it out and made it so one wheel on the line is stuck. Our lines are already bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back