Archived Going back...Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new here. Visited a few times when I belonged to The Cult of Spot, but never posted. Anyway, I made my escape from Sales Floor TL about 3 years ago. At the time, I didn't need the money or the insanity that came with so leaving was easy. I put in my two weeks and worked them until the final minute. But things change, I moved, and now find myself needing supplemental income once again. I was trying to avoid Spot at first, but now looking to it as a real possibility...
My question is if I should. Everyone I know who left Bullseye behind is genuinely happy again. I was too. But, Target hasn't left me as much as I pretend. I find myself as a guest attempting to fix problems that aren't mine anymore. Or saying, "At Target, I could/we used to/they were..." as if it still applied to me. So, does going back seem crazy, or like going home?

The devil I know, or find a new demon?

Opinions?

Well, you need a job. Any job is going to have its bad points and BS. It doesn't seem like you really hated Spot, so it might be a good fit for you again. Maybe your new store will be better than your old one.

If you can get a good read on the team at the store(s) you're thinking of applying to, do so. Some stores are absolutely miserable while others are OK to pretty good. Just consider how much crap you're willing to put up with for the money. If you are in dire need, do it. Just remember that things have gone downhill and that you'll probably have to ask over and over to be (re)trained since you already have experience with Spot.

Last edited:
If it's for supplemental income and you're not depending on the job to pay the bills or insurance, it should be fine.
Just keep a few things in mind; don't compare it to your old store or make suggestions based on how things were done there.
Most of the time people don't want to hear it even if you are right.

Keep to your job and don't take on extra.
Sounds crappy but you know what this is part time and they figure out they can pile work on you, they will, and you don't need to get burned out.

Avoid any store politics like the plague.

Otherwise, have fun and enjoy not having any serious responsibilities.

It's worth a shot. It sounds like you miss it, but as others have mentioned, things have changed and not for the better. As long as you are not going to be solely relying on it, might as well see how it goes. I'm going to make a prediction that if you do return, at first it won't seem so bad but soon will start to wear on you again. Keep your options open and continue to look for other side jobs incase it doesn't work out. Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back