Archived Good News and Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good News
I was told that I was already on the Schedule for GSA. Does that mean I got it? I was told that if I open up my Sundays (I have unavailable on Sunday) that I would be GSA. So of course I run to eHr and change my availability to 5pm-12am on Sunday. I might go back and change it to 3 or 4pm just to give the chance to close a full shift on Sunday nights.

So I don't know what all that means. I was told I was already in the schedule, but I haven't had an interview nor has my ETL-GE spoken to me.
I'm really hoping I get this job. I need it.

Bad News
There's a certain cashier. Older lady. She has Target as a second job so she's rarely there usually opening. I normally never had an issue with her. I never really liked her but I didn't really ever talk to her. Last year I hurt my wrist, pretty bad, and I was wearing a brace and all that. My gstl always gave me small tasks to do and always put me on express so my wrist wouldn't have a lot to do.

Long story short, she overheard me talking to my GSTL saying I applied for the Gsa job. She later came up to me and said "If you get the position, I will go to _______ (etl ge) and tell her you are being unfair and treating me wrong"
I was really confused so I asked what I did.
"I come to work and I expect certain things... It's my job to get go backs and hangers. I usually get express lane. Why did you get it"

Took me awhile to understand that she was talking about LAST YEAR whenI hurt my wrist. I think I was only on express lane while she was working, like 5 times. If that.
This woman is pissed that they gave me "her lane" and they had me get Go back and hangers...

.....What?

She seriously still mad about that? I've never said one bad thing to her, never talked crap about her (other than with my husband at our home, lol)
I just don't wanna have a bad light shined on me if I do get the GSA position.

She's the GSTL's favorite. Always getting surveys and red cards, she's around the same age as them so she kisses butt. Rude to the younger team members..

Idk... no one would believe me. She's loved by everyone. -___-

I doubt she's much of a threat but still, how annoying.

Don't give her any ammo to prove herself correct. Show why YOU are the best candidate for the job.
If anyone from leadership asks, you can recount what she told you but ONLY if asked.
If she persists, you can point out that it was only during your recovery but don't volunteer anything more than necessary.

Old cashiers at my store are generally pretty nice people, but even the ones I get along with are way too picky/selective for their own good....

Its like if they don't get the lane they want, all hell will break loose, etc.

Thanks guys.
I'll leave it be.
I appreciate it. :D

*crosses fingers* I hope I got the promotion :/

If you get to open and write the lanes schedule, put that ********************* cashier on a ************ty lane :D

Old cashiers at my store are generally pretty nice people, but even the ones I get along with are way too picky/selective for their own good....

Its like if they don't get the lane they want, all hell will break loose, etc.

At my store, they don't care what lane they start on, as long as they don't have to move to another lane. They're usually nice as long as you don't steal their lane. Not long after I started, I learned to look for their speed IDs so I would know where not to go (unless the GSTL told me to).

First thing, some stores will automatically pick out the TMs they want as GSAs. Its not necessary to have interviews for the position since its Level1. Some stores will hold interviews but still have certain TMs in mind. Others will do the right thing, and interview all potential candidates, and pick the best one.

The second topic....
The lady had her own personal lane and duties...lol

In my mind, I would tell her she had to carts and bathroom updates. Let her work off that aggression.

In reality, I would just walk away...let her rant...and get herself in trouble with the GSTL/ETL GE. And if you were picked as a GSA all you can do is report to a GSTL/ETL GE, but you can not coach or process a CA.

First thing, some stores will automatically pick out the TMs they want as GSAs. Its not necessary to have interviews for the position since its Level1. Some stores will hold interviews but still have certain TMs in mind. Others will do the right thing, and interview all potential candidates, and pick the best one.

In my mind, I would tell her she had to carts and bathroom updates. Let her work off that aggression.

I'm hoping that's what happened. I changed my availability so I was told I would get it but... we'll see.

I would LOVE to make her do carts lol. But she might whine that she has to wear the vest that clashes with her short khaki skirt that shows off the back of her veiny legs and the bottom of her undies when she bends over.
Seriously. shes like 60...... No lie. And she wears off the shoulder shirts..

I covered GSA for break and I made her out a vest on.

BUT if I do get the position, I'm not gonna treat her any different. I just won't let her get away with the things she previously has, but I'll do it within reason.

I'm just kinda concerned that she will cause drama and make my etl regret picking me... but like i said before, i doubt she's a real threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back