Good or Bad Thoughts?

Question for all and thoughts.

When I was internally promoted to a team leader, I was initially hired in General Merchandise as a salesfloor team leader. But with leader shortages and people quitting/getting fired, our inbound TL eventually left. Then the SD stated that she/he thought me taking over Inbound would be good for the store and me, so that was my new business area. Yet, I had only been a GM salesfloor leader for a few months, so moving straight to inbound was a bit of a challenge, but I knew I had to because we needed someone to run the trucks.
I did this position for a few months and started making progress in turning some things around in inbound from off process to on process. Then I was sent back to being a GM salesfloor leader once a new inbound leader was hired, as I was only asked to take over inbound temporarily. With all of this happening, we had a bunch of new ETLs coming in and a new SD taking over, so many new upper leadership changes had hands in play as well.
Then the inevitable happened, and Q4 hit, which caused a lot of pressure on the old Closing TL, and they left. As we needed a new closing leader, I was then asked to become a Closing TL, so I once again accepted a position change to "support the business need."
With all of this happening, self-reviews are here, and it's challenging to write as I never really had much time to make progress anywhere because I was moved around so much. What I'm concerned about is I know people who are moved around to different positions are usually moved because moving someone is easier than firing them. By moving the TL, you are giving them another opportunity to succeed.

I highly doubt this is why I'm being moved so much, but I still worry that this may be whats going on even though no one has directly told me this. I hope I'm only being moved because every time I was moved, it was due to a business need, not because of performance, as far as I know. Each move I took was due to the old TL quitting or getting fired.
This has to be the case, as isn't Closing TL a step up versus other TL roles in the store since you work directly with the SD and have high responsibilities compared to other leaders? So in my mind, they wouldn't ask me to move to closing unless they knew I could handle it. What are y'all thoughts on this scenario?

Please note to hide my identity; I have changed many of the exact details above.

Sounds like you were very global and supported business needs by being flexible. You worked with several teams to instill routines, resulting in positive and consistent outcomes. You contributed to GM and Inbound and improved (ABC) processes. Your new role as Closing Leader has given you insight into “total business ownership” you are able to oversee the whole store, insuring priority goals are met, keeping inf green while coming clean on fulfillment.
Your dedication to brand , including reshop and zone ensures store is guest ready every morning.

I got moved 4 times during my first year as a tl because of people going on loa and leaving. Don't be too worried about self review they already know what your getting. Closing TL isn't a step up from other TLs. Being moved around to help the store isn't a bad thing.

You have so much to say with all the positions you’ve had thus far . Start of with i was hired for such position , I ran the process in such position for this many months until I was asked to support an other work center say what you did there etc with the next one as well

You have so much to say with all the positions you’ve had thus far . Start of with i was hired for such position , I ran the process in such position for this many months until I was asked to support an other work center say what you did there etc with the next one as well

This is exactly the method I used to write my self-review because I had 2 different roles last year, half as a TM and half as a leader. Used my strengths as a TM to support my promotion and how those skills have improved my area since taking over.

Back