Archived GSA...But not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's the deal!
I applied for a GSA position, back when an ETL (who is now gone) was rooting for me to get the position...
Basically, I have nights to close, I close the registers, and do all the same work as a GSA...
But i'm not getting paid for it, no override numbers, nothing.
My Senior GSTL and HRTL are both saying "oh we'll get you promoted and trained in the CO don't worry!!" but nothing yet...
Not sure if this is something that occurs at other stores, or just mine.
Hmmm this has been going on for about 3 months now...
I LOVE the work, I've told them that and I've explained to them that I love target and I just want the personal satisfaction of a promotion.
Nothing...
What do you guys think?

OH! AND WHAT GETS ME... My sr gstl mentioned that my "age" might be a factor.. I'm 18.
But I've been with target for 2 years now! And I'm cross trained in like almost every part of the store.
Not to mention almost 40 hrs a week and I have awesome work ethic....

If most of your shifts are in this pseudo gsa position and they haven't given you the promotion, they may be abusing your willingness to 'help out'.
It nay be your age due to being able to sell alcohol, but it's not right to string you along.

Boo hiss at your leadership in your building.

I'm wondering if the slow response...or lack of response of the GSA position has to do with you being 18 and still in high school. If you're a senior then once you graduate you won't be a "minor" anymore....because if you are still in school then the law states how late a minor can work...which I believe is 10pm. Once this restriction is over they may make you a GSA.

I was a GSA at 19 with a GSTL that was 20.

It can be done at 18, too. I've seen it.

I'm 18, and if everything goes according to my STL's plan I'll become a GSTL by the time I'm 19. Unless you're still in high school, your age wouldn't be a problem.

You need to push a little.
Talk to the ETL HR.
Be polite and earnest but sincere in belief that you deserve the promotion.
If it is a matter of waiting until you are old enough to sell alcohol explain you will wait as long as you have their word you will get the promotion at that time.

Welcome to The Break Room.

I was in the same exact position as you. After two months they made me official though. I'm 18, I work 40 hours a week, I was their best red card performer by far (3-10 almost every shift). They told me they wanted me I think it just takes time for them to make everything official. You'll get it eventually.

How do you close registers without a override number? Also people are correct since your 18 it should not hold you back. Almost all states allow you to sell alcohol the only thing you would not be able to do is return it until you are 21.

OP, you should talk to your ETL-HR. If you're working at least 50% of your shifts as a GSA, they at the very least need to start paying you whatever the GSA paygrade is. If they're nice, they'll give you backpay. I got a couple hundred dollars backpay when I switched from cashier to photo lab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back