Archived GSTL to Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a GSTL friend was transferred to receiving and she said they removed some of her pay so she'll be making less as a receiver than as a GSTL. My question is, can they do that? I thought they can't lessen one's pay even if someone stepped down. I told her that that was not how it's done but they did. So is this allowed?

If you step down your pay goes with it. Otherwise everyone would step down. Being a leader isn't all its cracked up to be.

She may be paid less but it is probably worth it for the perks of the job. Only work M-F (40 hours at some stores), get to shoot the shit with vendors all morning, and zero guest/front lanes interaction.

She didn't step down though. I feel bad because I assured her that it wouldn't but yeah, I get what you mean with the perks. If that was me, I would do it even with less pay. LOL. Thank you for the replies. =)

Of course going from TL to TM is a decrease in pay.

Tis like saying if my ETL decided to cashier he'd still make $60,000 a year.
I've heard of isolated situations where someone stepped down from TL and kept their pay.

I've heard of isolated situations where someone stepped down from TL and kept their pay.

True. A friend who was a TL stepped down because he couldn't keep the schedule for TLs. His son was just born so he needed to be at home in the afternoon when his wife goes to work. He still kept his pay. That's why I assured my friend that she will still keep her pay. My mistake. ^^;;;;

In some cases if you step down from tl to a tm position you keep your pay. In most cases you loose s majority of it. For instance our old food ave tl steeped down due to health issues. They took 3 dollars away from her and even then was still making more the the new tl thst replaced her

The only time I've heard about keeping pay is when you are being asked to step down, but you ended up being capped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back