Archived guest services/pricing help / dept & class info

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone. i work at guest services and whenever i try to return an item that says, "Item not found", i use the mydevice to look up the price. when i scan the barcode (w/ the mydevice), and no price shows up, it gives me to option to reprint a price. i then use the mydevice and i connect it to my printer that i use for chargebacks/red reprints. after this, sometimes i'm able to reprint barcodes that say, "AS IS" but sometimes it asks for 5 numbers "DDDCC" (i think...) i know it has to do with department & class numbers. where are these 5 numbers from? i tried finding them but i can't locate the 5 numbers that the mydevice wants me to insert. help? thanks in advance.

..side question, how long do people with gift registries have to return items?

The answer to your side question - gift registry purchase logs are a valid form of proof of purchase for 90 days from the day of the event. Target brand product, 1 year.

Hit the search glass button and type in what the item is, for example "ninja turtle figure" and click on a similar item. Use the fist five digits of the DPCI. (DDD-CC-IIII) Then estimate the normal selling price for the item and the system will automatically mark it clearance.

But before you do this please try searching on your ipad for the item. If you see the exact item on there just make a white Barcode for it with the appropriate dpci. It's better to sell at full price. If it's a recurring problem give the dpci and the item to the PPTL/PATL and have them do DPCI maintenance on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back