Guest using our stepstools

Lately I have noticed our guests using our step stools to reach things without asking a TM member to help.

Once I only knew this because the step stool was in front of the water wall.

This woman was in her 60s and would have broken bones if she fell.

Thoughts?

Big trouble for whoever left that ladder on the sales floor, if they can determine who that was. An older guest fell off a ladder at our store and was badly injured, left in an ambulance. Very sad situation which would have been avoided if the rules regarding ladders on the sales floor had been followed.🙁

It was a three step one with a handle. They are on our floor all the time.

I would have never known she used it if she put it back but she only moved it a couple of feet.

Then again our store is pretty lax in safety as I have mentioned in other threads (i.e. using power equipment if not certified).

I'm short and constantly using the ladder. I keep it tucked against a wall next to my 3-tier until I'm done with truck. So far so good.

Lawsuit time if Karen breaks a nail. As with a pool a sharp attorney could term it an attractive nuisance and the store would be liable. Get that ladder the hell away from customers pronto!

Our store leaves step stools all over the place. Honestly I think I’ve only seen 1 target approved step stool here. The entire team uses the ones we sell on the floor. It’s really ridiculous because

1. It’s not Target approved
2. You’re using a sellable item
3. Now that sellable item won’t be sold
4. I would bet my paycheck they weren’t “requisitioned” or Target would have caught on by now
5. Now that’s “lost” inventory

Leadership is well aware as they’ve even seen team members using them and yet nothing happens

Our store leaves step stools all over the place. Honestly I think I’ve only seen 1 target approved step stool here. The entire team uses the ones we sell on the floor. It’s really ridiculous because

4. I would bet my paycheck they weren’t “requisitioned” or Target would have caught on by now

Leadership is well aware as they’ve even seen team members using them and yet nothing happens

"Now that sellable item won't be sold"

Bold claim right there. I would guarantee that almost all of the stepladders we sell have been used by a guest or team member at some point.

"Now that sellable item won't be sold"

Bold claim right there. I would guarantee that almost all of the stepladders we sell have been used by a guest or team member at some point.
It would be different if it was used one time or so and put back. But the difference at my store is that they take it off the floor and then continue to use it and so eventually the little sticker with the description and barcode and everything gets torn up and destroyed , then the ladder starts getting dirty and gross looking.

Why tf leave ladders on the floor? Do you leave your booze on the kitchen counter next to the soda and chips when your kids are having a slumber party?

Leadership is well aware as they’ve even seen team members using them and yet nothing happen

same thing is happening recently at my store . Those feather weight stools!! I’m afraid to climb on it 😬😬😬

It would be different if it was used one time or so and put back. But the difference at my store is that they take it off the floor and then continue to use it and so eventually the little sticker with the description and barcode and everything gets torn up and destroyed , then the ladder starts getting dirty and gross looking.
Nope. It would not be different. It would still be a safety policy violation.

Back