Archived H&H is only good for decorating a landfill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the green and black plaid she had upon release. I wanted that pattern in a non-shitty blanket, which of course wasn't offered.

The black candlelabras always break when I set them. I also broke a couple of the kitchenware because the tape wasn’t securing the jars.

The opal house stuff is okay, the blankets are nice, I saw the kitchen towel that says “I love it when you call me big papaya”. Made me throw up a little.

"middle class person's idea of what a wealthy person would buy" aesthetic and positioning,

In my store...... the Guests LOVE this stuff ! We sell a great deal of it..... regularly! I touch it up on a daily basis; pulling mini batches daily. Certain things sell right from the tub/cart even before I can get it to the shelf. We do a lot of mycheckout too!
Again..... (I mentioned it in another thread).... our clientelle (stay at home, yoga clad, starbuck's drinkin', soccer moms) seems to be the type to "keep up with the Joneses" (Gaineses)...... so they are all ape-shit crazy to InstaTwitterBook every little piece of HH to show off !
They'd make a killing designing a Galvenized Starbucks cup or a Galvenized cell-phone case !

Keep it comin', DC !! We'll sell it !

In my store...... the Guests LOVE this stuff ! We sell a great deal of it..... regularly! I touch it up on a daily basis; pulling mini batches daily. Certain things sell right from the tub/cart even before I can get it to the shelf. We do a lot of mycheckout too!
Again..... (I mentioned it in another thread).... our clientelle (stay at home, yoga clad, starbuck's drinkin', soccer moms) seems to be the type to "keep up with the Joneses" (Gaineses)...... so they are all ape-shit crazy to InstaTwitterBook every little piece of HH to show off !
They'd make a killing designing a Galvenized Starbucks cup or a Galvenized cell-phone case !

Wew. At my store the only H&H that seems to sell well are the black flatware and measuring cup sets. Everything else is dusty like King Tut's tomb. I think the most overpushed/ignored items are the green salt/pepper shakers. I bet we have 50 of those things.

A galvanized metal phone case doesn't sound very practical tbh. Bamboo would definitely work though, because bamboo is great (very durable + looks good)

Actually, having listened to the show enough and looking at the products, I say its not crap. Its kitschy. Not its not overpriced. Seriously, you know how much a welder makes? Oh and its not indonesia. Its southeastern asia. Not everyone can play vidoe games for a living.

All your issues seem to DC related.
As for the ugliness, what about the new Island life items in kitchen or the 'Opal House' stuff. Finally the galvanized metal bin-things are designed to be looked at. Not used.

Remember. the Gaines are Texans and we use the galvanized metal bin-things all the time for various tasks like newpaper collection, staring at and leaving outside to rust. This is their purpose.

135.png

Yeah uhhhhh spoiler alert Xhilaration-Hardlines is discontinued and replaced with Opalhouse. It's no wonder it's "basically Xhilaration"; it's the exact same stuff lmao. Just rebranded.

Kind of like some of our Merona going to A New Day... we literally had the same pairs of socks with two different tags - one for Merona and one for AND. :p

I've pushed so much H&H and I've never been told this.

We call it our "cheat sheet"..... it will probably come in this week's mail; since we just reset HH this week. Check w/ the HLTL, or your VM(L). Whoever gets the mail in my store automatically gives me the cheat sheet. It's super helpful; especially with myCheckout.

If... it doesn't come in your mail soon, you can get the info on Workbench. Print in color, however. :)

Pushed some of the Opalhouse stuff the other day - not my cup of tea, but whatever, someone might like it. Funny how some things practically fly out the door like crazy (that designer from Palm Beach with flamingoes on everything was a hit) and other things (all the H&H stuff) just sit there and take up space. Maybe it's because I live in a northern state where Palm Beach seems exotic? And dark green and black seems boring? I dunno.

ASANTS. Ours just sits there waiting for our VM to dust it. Doesn't even get picked for SFS much.
H&H should have never been rolled out company wide. Magnolia is really a southern thing. Its always getting refilled, tended to and shopped. I honestly don't expect people in NY to want Texas items but Houston loves it because we love them.

The only good part about H&H is the cast iron house, that we don't sell, as it houses the entire product line.
Its a barn and the store near us has had several offers to buy it and they tell us they have gotten to the point it has a sign 'Not for Sale. This is a part of the Store.'

Don't give them Ideas.

However, You can grow coffee in Texas and its fabulous. (yes i said GROW as in the actual plant. Then pluck the berries, shuck them, roast the beans and grind them)

I think some of the Opal House stuff is cute--curtains, bedding, some of the rugs, throw pillows.

The wicker stuff, though, ugh. That wicker chair & ottoman has got to be hella uncomfortable. Not impressed with most of the other decorative stuff. The removable wallpaper is a cute idea, but most of the patterns are pretty overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back