Archived Had my interview, but no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my interview last Monday and was told that they would call me. I've read that most people do two in-store interviews. I only had one interview. However, I don't think it is because they didn't like me. I thought the interview went great.

The HR guy was "shocked" when I arrived, I guess, because he didn't have an appointment for my second interview. So he wasn't "prepared". He was struggling to find somebody to interview me. He finally did and I did the interview. So after the interview, my interviewer told me that the HR guy would call me.

I thought my second interview was supposed to be with that HR guy. Apparently, this guy was "behind" on interview files and was busy trying to catch up. I've read that if you don't do the second interview, you basically didn't get the job. But this HR guy was apparently not ready for me because he didn't write it in the system when he scheduled me for the interview. Anyway, it's been over a week and I've read that they usually send you an email if you didn't get the job. I haven't received an email. I've heard that they send you an email within 5 days or so. So my question is, should I be optimistic or pessimistic? Should I do a follow-up call?

I've read that they don't like it when you call, especially when they say that they will call you. So if I should call them, when do you think the "grace period" ends. How much time should I give them? I need a job, so I can't wait over a month.

Dunno where you read that they don't like it.. it shows you need the job .. a week is long enough.. call them

<<<former HR tm
Yes, call them. People lose track of time. Other HR issues pop up that need their attention. People go on vacation or mini-vacations and no one else knows what's going on. If they're not in a hurry to hire for a certain position they just will take their time.
Usually, we'd turn them down the next day. This would generate the turn down email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back