Archived Had someone take my shift; now they're over 40...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flabbergasted

Ex-GSA
So, the other day I had someone take my cashier shift. I recently discovered that this individual is now at 46 hours for this week (not excluding lunches, though) as a result of that swap shift. I was told by the LOD I spoke to that it's the responsibility of the person taking my shift to make sure they don't go over 40 and that I should be fine, and said LOD would be e-mailing my ETL about it, but now I'm worried and stressed as hell over this. Will I be reprimanded for this? I will say in my defense that I did not know the individual's last name so I was unable to check their schedule to verify they'd stay under 40.

At my store it's the responsibility of the person taking the shift to make sure they don't go over 40, but this never happens because HR always catches it before it does. If someone tries to pick up a shift that will give them overtime, HR will deny the swap shift with an explanation such as "would create overtime."

Well this person has already completed my shift and my shift was already removed from the schedule by someone, I'm assuming HR.

This is why at our store we require all shift swaps to get approved by their respective ETL, or the current LOD.

Swap shift is for the approval of the upper management, so no harm, now foul on your behalf.

55219633.jpg

This is why at our store we require all shift swaps to get approved by their respective ETL, or the current LOD.

We used to require LOD approval, but then they didn't care enough to come to the TSC and look at the book, so now HR just keys it in.

We used to require LOD approval, but then they didn't care enough to come to the TSC and look at the book, so now HR just keys it in.

Same here. The newbies will get all worried about it, but anyone over two months just does it and checks back later to be sure HR signed off and keyed it in.

Well the HRTM was upset with me because apparently it is my responsibility to make sure the person I'm swapping with doesn't go over 40, which is BS. So now they want me to approve all future swaps with my ETL and no one else, which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back