Handbook question

Is there any line in the handbook that says you are not allowed to record a private conversation between you and another target employee? I am aware that in certain states it is or isn’t legal, I’m just asking about a very specific policy or line that is in writing somewhere accessible by every team member?

My leadership is doing everything to keep a certain team member in my store, not me, from accessing workbench in tsc to read certain guidelines or rules that said leaders have said exist. I don’t feel comfortable searching myself for them because I don’t want to get involved in this mess

Is there any line in the handbook that says you are not allowed to record a private conversation between you and another target employee? I am aware that in certain states it is or isn’t legal, I’m just asking about a very specific policy or line that is in writing somewhere accessible by every team member?

My leadership is doing everything to keep a certain team member in my store, not me, from accessing workbench in tsc to read certain guidelines or rules that said leaders have said exist. I don’t feel comfortable searching myself for them because I don’t want to get involved in this mess
There is a learning on Workday called handbook highlights. There is a link to the handbook there. You should be able to get to it on a my device.

I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that any conversation that takes place on the sales floor when the store is open is not a private conversation. There is no expectation of privacy speaking on the sales floor when the store is open.

If the conversation take places in employee only areas or when the store is closed, there may be an expectation of privacy.

Thank you all for the responses, I think I’ve answered everything for my friend. Is there any other place where rules or guidelines might be located that a corrupt etl/sd would refer to saying “well if you refer to this rule in this thing, you’ll see you broke it”?

Edit: I saw the ethics code late last night. Would there potentially be any other documents?

If it is illegal in your state to record a conversation without both parties permission than it would be an ethics violation to do so even if not explicitly stated. You can't be engaging in illegal activity while working at Target.

Back