MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Amazing looking back at the beginning of this thread and how much things have changed in SL. It's like we thought we had it bad back then and now.... egads... there just are NO words. -_-

So, Men's Basics reset.... more proof that the VMG and Plano teams do NOT talk to one another at all. VMG tells us to move the back set of three movable walls into the rest of the men's floorpad for these "cluster" set ups and replace that back row in basics with three convertibles. Then the Plano team writes the plano for that back row as if it's still 3 movable walls. You cannot fit FIVE rows on a convertible! So sick and tired of this lack of communication between these two teams and having to jury-rig pogs just to make them work because they don't know how to talk to one another. -_-

I'm not saying you are wrong, but lately, the pogs sent from hq are increasingly unworkable as written. Spacing issues. Mixed items, I once had a toaster revision that called for baby seat displays.

Wouldn't it be funny if we worked them like they wrote them? I mean, when it was possible of course... I can see the DTL going... WTH are these baby seat displays doing in your small appliance section? >< ROFLS.... Thanks, I needed that laugh.

Wouldn't it be funny if we worked them like they wrote them? I mean, when it was possible of course... I can see the DTL going... WTH are these baby seat displays doing in your small appliance section? >< ROFLS.... Thanks, I needed that laugh.

My favorite of all time was a pog that said to set a row of pegs at -27 inches. Really? 27 inches into the floor. I asked my ETL for a trencher. She just rolled her eyes.

Can we just talk about the fixture and floorpad placement in the VMG? I can't stress how many times I've received a VMG where the layout ended up with a garment halfways on the floor, overlapping something else, and having a floorpad that ends up needing to be moved back into place at least once a day.

Anyone else pulling Zs worth of clearance firsts out of the back? It's crazy with the limits on quanties on the floor now. Last week I had 4 almost full racks.

I wish we had limited floor quanity right now our floor is overflowing and no one has time to do anything about it :/ no one has time to backstock so those pushing truck shove it everywhere

Can we just talk about the fixture and floorpad placement in the VMG? I can't stress how many times I've received a VMG where the layout ended up with a garment halfways on the floor, overlapping something else, and having a floorpad that ends up needing to be moved back into place at least once a day.

LOL.... I had one in intimates that was a repeat of last years stupid jackedup mess. They tried to place one camisole over another in the maternity nursing bra section in a space for each that was as small as a bra space. I did the same thing I did last year...I just put them together on one puck end face out. Thankfully they fit... unlike the stupid bras they shoved on one puck end where I literally put only ONE of every size and it looks like it's going to explode. We've been setting in men's this week. Thanks to the STUPID mess they made of three of the end caps and the ton of DISCONTINUED with NO location and the huge amount of clearance..... we were supposed to be finished today and we could have done it too if we didn't have to figure out three to five puzzles that somebody got paid better than both of us together to write. Such a joke how much we have to fix that they screw up but it's really starting to look good over there. So there's that....

Anyone else pulling Zs worth of clearance firsts out of the back? It's crazy with the limits on quanties on the floor now. Last week I had 4 almost full racks.

I wish we had limited floor quanity right now our floor is overflowing and no one has time to do anything about it :/ no one has time to backstock so those pushing truck shove it everywhere

Talk about two extremes.... -_- Honestly, neither is good. This is one of the few problems we don't have. We neither have limits on the floor nor does our team feel like they can't backstock/upstock anything that won't fit. The trick is getting them to learn when they should and shouldn't do that and that's not always easy. Drives our VML nuts.

LOL.... I had one in intimates that was a repeat of last years stupid jackedup mess. They tried to place one camisole over another in the maternity nursing bra section in a space for each that was as small as a bra space. I did the same thing I did last year...I just put them together on one puck end face out. Thankfully they fit... unlike the stupid bras they shoved on one puck end where I literally put only ONE of every size and it looks like it's going to explode. We've been setting in men's this week. Thanks to the STUPID mess they made of three of the end caps and the ton of DISCONTINUED with NO location and the huge amount of clearance..... we were supposed to be finished today and we could have done it too if we didn't have to figure out three to five puzzles that somebody got paid better than both of us together to write. Such a joke how much we have to fix that they screw up but it's really starting to look good over there. So there's that....
I find it funny how the point of the VMG is to create a consistent visual experience and product layout throughout all stores, yet there's so many errors and inconsistencies that require adjustments to the point where every visual adjacency is going to differ in one way or another.

Also, WHY IS THE OUTFITTING STILL SO GOD AWFUL?

Just from my observation, clearance is the most heavily shopped and people seem to be far more messy in clearance than in other sections. I guess they feel they don't need to be as careful with discounted clothing.

RTW clearance is at the fitting room in the Targets I've been in, and that should be off the floor/not slung over racks because of the need to present a neat and welcoming appearance to people trying on clothes. Especially since the fitting room is now getting the pressure to upsell like crazy, so it definitely needs to look as good as possible to guests.

Other clearance, it's a mixed bag as to how easily it is seen when walking the aisle. Some you have to be pretty far into the section, others are staring you in the face. Either way, no one wants to buy stuff that's in a heap on the floor.

I won't say it's easy to keep clearance looking orderly as I've seen stuff that looks like a hurricane went through. However if you check it pretty often, then it's easy to maintain. The only exception is clearance tables, I hate those with a passion since those are torn to shreds in seconds after being folded. I'd rather grab a bunch of hangers and hang the piles on clearance tables. Faster and easier to maintain in the future.

Crazy question: is there an efficient way to restock swim? We have three times as much swim hanging in the backroom than we do on the floor and when we run out of certain sizes it’s hard to keep track of what we need to pull down so it usually doesn’t get pulled down until it goes clearance.

I really wish there was a way to autofill hanging items but since they aren’t tied, I realize that’s damn near impossible.

Why is there so much in the back compared to the floor? Could extra racks be put on the floor?

Crazy question: is there an efficient way to restock swim? We have three times as much swim hanging in the backroom than we do on the floor and when we run out of certain sizes it’s hard to keep track of what we need to pull down so it usually doesn’t get pulled down until it goes clearance.

I really wish there was a way to autofill hanging items but since they aren’t tied, I realize that’s damn near impossible.
Our team pulls down a hanging bar each day and tries to push all of it, and cycles through the 8ish hanging bars of swim we have doing that. Works fairly well from what I can tell. But, ours is also sorted in back by brand, which makes it easier.

Same issue w/ us ! We try to purge the Swim backstock on non-truck days (usually twice a week). We have a TM superzone the racks.... that gives them a pretty good idea (and photographic memory, hopefully) of some of the product they need to fill in. Then they load up a Z-rack and push it to the floor.

We are a smaller store, but swim is the one hanging item we don't "backstock". We leave it, sorted by brand, on z-racks in back. They get pushed a few times a week.

We are a smaller store, but swim is the one hanging item we don't "backstock". We leave it, sorted by brand, on z-racks in back. They get pushed a few times a week.

We tried this initially....... but once we filled up 6+ Z-racks double-hung w/ gravity hooks, we were in trouble; we had no place to store them. It was waaaaaaaay more convenient to push a sorted, Branded Z.
We have an incredibly small Swim floorpad...... We had to beg our DTL for permission to "expand" the department by 4 additional convertibles. Thank God, he agreed.

Back