MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

I never did either. How hard is it to check the neck/waist to make sure they match the tag?

Same for clearance/full price clothes and sleep wear sets. How hard is it to look at neck and waist to make sure the size of both match each other and the tag matches size, brand and color?

Happened all the time, each time GS would say "I always check, I dont know who accepted this" or "well, I normally check but we were in a rush" or "I didn't know that people did these swaps".

But what got me is when I did spot them, had no time to take them up to GS at the end of my shift, told the next shift what they were, and my next shift I found that some softlines TM had not bothered to use their eyeballs and put the item back on the floor.

Yeah, when you show GS they are like "Oh well, sorry, wasn't me." And when you show AP they go "Oh gee, that's a shame". I don't bother pointing it out to either anymore, I just rip the tag off and toss the item.

I’m not surprised. We have a few SL TMs that don’t bother to even look at the brand tag when pushing reshop.

I love it when I find an assortment of clearance dresses mixed with the regular Xhil dresses on the back wall, as if they’re not annoying enough already.

Whoever told me the idea of Guest Services hanging our reshop for us was not as grand as I wanted it to be.... you are so TOTALLY right. -_- They use the wrong hangers, the wrong sizes, and then we had one idiot putting multiple security clips on bathing suits just because it was fun. *sigh* We have maybe ONE GS person who tries to get it right and about 90% of the time she does and she gets better every time. Wish she could rub off on the rest of them. :p

Whoever told me the idea of Guest Services hanging our reshop for us was not as grand as I wanted it to be.... you are so TOTALLY right. -_- They use the wrong hangers, the wrong sizes, and then we had one idiot putting multiple security clips on bathing suits just because it was fun. *sigh* We have maybe ONE GS person who tries to get it right and about 90% of the time she does and she gets better every time. Wish she could rub off on the rest of them. :p
I'd say maybe a third of our reshop gets hung, the test is piled on the bottom of the cart along with the rest of the reshop - table stuff, shoes, purses, jewelry, basics, baby hardlines. etc. It's always a mess because they go for hours without picking it up.

We have a dry erase board on the wall to the side of the fitting room and leadership breaks it down by the hour. You have one hour in the fitting room and one hour of fetching the reshop from the front (at the 15 and 45 mark of the hour). Sometimes you have more than one shift if you are full shift and we are short staffed. It's been going pretty well on that end. But we have our moments when the night crew cannot keep up and we have to catch up in the morning.

Hey,
Is there a part number to order the new hangers? I found the intimate hanger part number in the Vmg but not the normal hangers

We have a dry erase board on the wall to the side of the fitting room and leadership breaks it down by the hour. You have one hour in the fitting room and one hour of fetching the reshop from the front (at the 15 and 45 mark of the hour). Sometimes you have more than one shift if you are full shift and we are short staffed. It's been going pretty well on that end. But we have our moments when the night crew cannot keep up and we have to catch up in the morning.
We are ALWAYS playing catchup lately. It is so frustrating, but I just have to let it go. My feelings on the subject are well-known to my fellow TMs and my TL. Nothing else I can do but try to make a dent in things when I'm there. 😣

Does your VMG back-up cashier ?

Wondering cause ours acts like she is a consultant and NOT a Target employee. She teaches others a lot, which is good for sure. But she doesn’t actually DO anything. Her day is : “you, put that there. You, set that. You, detrash that push. You, push. Always followed by : No, you’re doing that wrong.”
That’s it. That’s all. never OPENS a box - says “not what a VMG does”, NEVER actually helps with anything. Carries the pictures and barks orders.
NO respect , to others or for her.

Does your VMG back-up cashier ?

Wondering cause ours acts like she is a consultant and NOT a Target employee. She teaches others a lot, which is good for sure. But she doesn’t actually DO anything. Her day is : “you, put that there. You, set that. You, detrash that push. You, push. Always followed by : No, you’re doing that wrong.”
That’s it. That’s all. never OPENS a box - says “not what a VMG does”, NEVER actually helps with anything. Carries the pictures and barks orders.
NO respect , to others or for her.

Our current one does but she was promoted from softlines so she knows the deal. Unfortunately for us she is transferring soon and we are going to be stuck with an outside hire and I fear we are going to have what you describe.
In my store, the newer leaders are all great at giving orders but absolute garbage at actual work.

Is Target stopping carrying athletic shoes? I needed a pair while on a trip, stopped by a nearby Target, and there were only 6 pairs of athletic shoes. I asked the TM in Shoes if there were any in the back and she said that they had not received women's athletic shoes in a long time and from what had been coming in, it seemed to her that Target was switching focus to business shoe styles only.

Is Target stopping carrying athletic shoes? I needed a pair while on a trip, stopped by a nearby Target, and there were only 6 pairs of athletic shoes. I asked the TM in Shoes if there were any in the back and she said that they had not received women's athletic shoes in a long time and from what had been coming in, it seemed to her that Target was switching focus to business shoe styles only.
We don't have much at our store and what we have is not all that great. I never buy shoes here; I find them uncomfortable and cheaply made. With shoes, I've found that most times you get what you pay for, and I'm willing to pay more for comfort, quality materials, and workmanship.

So, anyone using a pedometer... what's your average step count these days? Mine tends to be 20K per full shift. No wonder I'm so wiped when I get home. lol As for C9 sneakers... I haven't seen any. Of course shoes is supposed to partially reset this week and really it needs a major overhaul. Corporate, however, doesn't really care so long as the shoes aren't on the floor and the store bosses are the same. I miss the days when I was given the hours and left alone to make the place look stellar and appealing. Now I have a hard time going into shoes without cringing and if I'm in there too long they have to come get me because I'll be there forever. It's really sad how much we've lost over the years. :(

So, anyone using a pedometer... what's your average step count these days? Mine tends to be 20K per full shift. No wonder I'm so wiped when I get home. lol As for C9 sneakers... I haven't seen any. Of course shoes is supposed to partially reset this week and really it needs a major overhaul. Corporate, however, doesn't really care so long as the shoes aren't on the floor and the store bosses are the same. I miss the days when I was given the hours and left alone to make the place look stellar and appealing. Now I have a hard time going into shoes without cringing and if I'm in there too long they have to come get me because I'll be there forever. It's really sad how much we've lost over the years. :(
Shoes is the one area that really threw me when I was first hired - I couldn't believe that the company would allow it to look so awful. Thrift stores have neater shoe departments. Clearance is usually a disaster, I dont even know how guests shop it. Of course, the guests are the main problem. If they didnt shop like scavengers looking for food the department wouldn't get so tore up.

Shoes is the one area that really threw me when I was first hired - I couldn't believe that the company would allow it to look so awful. Thrift stores have neater shoe departments. Clearance is usually a disaster, I dont even know how guests shop it. Of course, the guests are the main problem. If they didnt shop like scavengers looking for food the department wouldn't get so tore up.
The unbelievable thing is the Walmart a block away from my store has the cleaniest shoe dept I've ever seen. No matter what time I go there nothing is on the floor. I don't even see employees being a constant presence on the floor.

I own shoes. The only time it looks really ugly is when I come in after my day off. Yes it's messy in the am. I don't start till 9. Usually my reshop and zone are done in an hour. BUT I only do shoes. My leadership always gives me the necessary hours. Latest shoe set I did it all in 32 hrs. Getting slammed right now with sandals. Someone at the dc is sending all soon to be discontinued in 2 days. Getting 25 of same size. Never in all my time doing shoes have I seen it like this. Wtf I'm adding pegs like crazy but putting it all out. Set new women's dress boots, 2 case packs, dated 8-13. When it comes in it goes out. Got no pricing done today, but will do it tomorrow. I give a death glare to guests that don't pick up after themselves, usually doesn't help, but I feel better, lol.

I own shoes. The only time it looks really ugly is when I come in after my day off. Yes it's messy in the am. I don't start till 9. Usually my reshop and zone are done in an hour. BUT I only do shoes. My leadership always gives me the necessary hours. Latest shoe set I did it all in 32 hrs. Getting slammed right now with sandals. Someone at the dc is sending all soon to be discontinued in 2 days. Getting 25 of same size. Never in all my time doing shoes have I seen it like this. Wtf I'm adding pegs like crazy but putting it all out. Set new women's dress boots, 2 case packs, dated 8-13. When it comes in it goes out. Got no pricing done today, but will do it tomorrow. I give a death glare to guests that don't pick up after themselves, usually doesn't help, but I feel better, lol.

If you have a full time DBO in shoes and the store gives up the hours it is NOT hard to maintain or at least that's how it was for me. Problem is the company does not want to cough up the hours and our current DBO only works part time, barely 20 hrs a week in shoes. Not enough.

If you have a full time DBO in shoes and the store gives up the hours it is NOT hard to maintain or at least that's how it was for me. Problem is the company does not want to cough up the hours and our current DBO only works part time, barely 20 hrs a week in shoes. Not enough.
Totally agree. Our shoe department could easily use a 40 hour a week person, and we aren't even a big store.

Well C9 is going away that could the be the reason.

I
I’m currently at just under 14K but that’s because I slacked a bit today; I usually rack up between 17K - 20K. And I usually go to the gym afterward too!

Back