MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

2 hours is not reasonable but neither is 15 minutes. Not just zone but (unless DBOs have changed yhings) making sure like colors are together, long and short sleeves don't end up together, casual and dressy don't end up together so there's no mish mash for the VM to scream in terror over. You can't make those decisions for a full zrack in 15 minutes.

Last edited:
2 hours is not reasonable but neither is 15 minutes. Not just zone but (unless DBOs have changed yhings) making sure like colors are together, long and short sleeves don't end up together, casual and dressy don't end up together so there's no mish mash for the VM to scream in terror over. You can't make those decisions for a full rack in 15 minutes.
yes true, TL act like it is so easy just to do zrack. At least the leader should say something that made sense. that is why I said I am that not ignores the point that we should all do quickly fast and efficiently. but I think it should depend on the zrack and of course should not take 2-3 hours ...smh.

happygoth you are fantastic! Do you have any info on the "c-hooks". They go into the monarch tagging gun and help when the hooks come off of kids winter hats ( imagine that lol) or xhileration sock pairs etc. It seems this is another dilema in the building......
Thanks @happygoth

Attachments

• 175AB90D-379D-40E2-B8A7-6E97CC870068.jpeg
    175AB90D-379D-40E2-B8A7-6E97CC870068.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
2 hours is not reasonable but neither is 15 minutes. Not just zone but (unless DBOs have changed yhings) making sure like colors are together, long and short sleeves don't end up together, casual and dressy don't end up together so there's no mish mash for the VM to scream in terror over. You can't make those decisions for a full zrack in 15 minutes.

yes true, TL act like it is so easy just to do zrack. At least the leader should say something that made sense. that is why I said I am that not ignores the point that we should all do quickly fast and efficiently. but I think it should depend on the zrack and of course should not take 2-3 hours ...smh.
Oh yeah, a lot has to do with whether you have to move other merchandise around, move fixturing, etc. Also how full the rack is matters too, of course. A full double rack with zoning and some shuffling of other merchandise could take a good 30-45 minutes, no doubt. With no interruptions, lol.

I love that we grew $15 billion in sales last year, but there’s only one TM on the floor until 1pm today and then no one at all until 5pm.

Make it make sense
It doesn't. Back in 2018 we would have three closers who worked 6 -7 hour shifts who just zoned and pushed some reshop in Softlines. Think about that - 18 hours of labor a day devoted to zoning and reshop. We looked great.

Now we still have three closers, but they work 4-5 hour shifts and most have to do 141s, price changes, push, zone, and reshop. And something inevitably doesn't get done, usually reshop, so it just piles up by the fitting room becoming a bigger burden every day.

I used to work in softlines and would rather have those than the one underwear brand's packaging (was it gildan? I forget) with the super sharp edges. I have a scar from those things
Never saw that brand in the store, but Goodfellow's packaging for t shirts and underwear has sharp corners. I've scratched myself and have learned to handle them with care!

As for the FOTL, we haven't gotten that packaging in for quite a while, so I guess someone got the message, lol.

I love that we grew $15 billion in sales last year, but there’s only one TM on the floor until 1pm today and then no one at all until 5pm.

Make it make sense
Yup. We used to be the biggest sales floor team in our store with 30 TMs scheduled especially on weekends. We would have multiple openers and now style is lucky to even have 2 openers considering the intense work load ....

Now we still have three closers, but they work 4-5 hour shifts and most have to do 141s, price changes, push, zone, and reshop. And something inevitably doesn't get done, usually reshop, so it just piles up by the fitting room becoming a bigger burden every day.
OMG YOU GET 3 CLOSERS?! 😳 I would be sooooo happy!

We have been running with 1 style TL (though 3 days a week we get both), 1 tm 10-2, one tm 2-6 and one closing tm 6-10. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even weekends. Basically since after Christmas. TLs work 4 of their 5 days as mid shifts ranging from 9-530, 10-630, 11-730 or 12-830. "For coverage" they say.

Because there's only one closer the zone is a NEVER ENDING DISASTER that we can't catch up with no matter what we do. Style TLs spend the first 2-4 hours of their foofur every day ZONING. And it doesn't even make a dent. We need soooo much help and it's like we're invisible.

Our zone used to be THE BEST! We'd have 3-4 closers, (more on weekends) who literally just zoned, pushed reshop and rang backup. Now with 1 person trying to do all of that, in a FOUR HOUR SHIFT no less... well, you can imagine. 😒

OMG YOU GET 3 CLOSERS?! 😳 I would be sooooo happy!

We have been running with 1 style TL (though 3 days a week we get both), 1 tm 10-2, one tm 2-6 and one closing tm 6-10. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even weekends. Basically since after Christmas. TLs work 4 of their 5 days as mid shifts ranging from 9-530, 10-630, 11-730 or 12-830. "For coverage" they say.

Because there's only one closer the zone is a NEVER ENDING DISASTER that we can't catch up with no matter what we do. Style TLs spend the first 2-4 hours of their foofur every day ZONING. And it doesn't even make a dent. We need soooo much help and it's like we're invisible.

Our zone used to be THE BEST! We'd have 3-4 closers, (more on weekends) who literally just zoned, pushed reshop and rang backup. Now with 1 person trying to do all of that, in a FOUR HOUR SHIFT no less... well, you can imagine. 😒
It sounds great to have three closers, but they have to (attempt to) do everything in a 4-5 hour shift, not just zone and push reshop. Plus, someone almost always calls out so lately we've been down to two, plus as you said, they get called to back up alot, PLUS we have only one TL, who is Specialty and therefore handles Beauty and Tech as well as Style. No ETL.

They are doing Style so dirty, seems like company-wide. It really grinds my gears!

What does it mean when I scan a shirt, go to its location, and the label is in that spot, but is for a different shirt? Then I ask a SLTM (brand?) and they look at me like I'm stupid because I didn't know the shirt was on a completely different table then what the PDA said.
I understand how you feel. Things get moved around a lot in softlines with labels not being moved. You need to be visual and find the brand, then search for the item. Notices signs too. Softlines isn’t like hardliners, until you get use to where things are, ask a Style (softlines) TM

I was gone for two days, and when I came back yesterday we had 9 unsorted carts of re-shop at the fitting room. At my store, we aren't allowed to use the Z-rack anymore so we have to sort and push straight away, it makes putting away re-shop take even longer than it already did before.
If a TL isn’t reminding Style TM’s to pick up from guest service, sort them and have them run unfortunately it doesn’t get done. Whatever areas a TM is working , they should pick up their reshop and run it as they zone their areas or add it to the truck they have to run. I wish people were held accountable for their assigned jobs

Has anyone’s fitting room opened yet? Ours will be soon and I’m not looking forward to it. Our area just went into a lower COVID tier so the rush to reopen is here.

While I won’t miss teenagers and their moms trying on bathing suits behind fixtures, I’m wary of exposing myself to the grossness that the fittings rooms provide. Hopefully Target has some sort of sanitizing protocol in mind to protect us.

Has anyone’s fitting room opened yet? Ours will be soon and I’m not looking forward to it. Our area just went into a lower COVID tier so the rush to reopen is here.

While I won’t miss teenagers and their moms trying on bathing suits behind fixtures, I’m wary of exposing myself to the grossness that the fittings rooms provide. Hopefully Target has some sort of sanitizing protocol in mind to protect us.
Ugh, how can Target think that is safe? People going in and out of small stalls, and you just know some will take their masks off once inside.

I mean, I suppose its not much different than a public bathroom, but I'm sure not looking forward to going back to retrieving piles of clothes from the stall floors. 😥

Last edited:
Ugh, how can Target think that is safe? People going in and out of small stalls, and you just know some will take their masks off once inside.

I mean, I suppose its not much different than a public bathroom, but I'm sure not looking forward to going back to retrieving piles of clothes from the stall floors. 😥
Retrieving nested clothes. Retrieving loose underwear snuck in and obviously tried on. Tags. More tags.

God I'm glad I'm not working there anymore.

Retrieving nested clothes. Retrieving loose underwear snuck in and obviously tried on. Tags. More tags.

God I'm glad I'm not working there anymore.
It's been awesome not having to deal with the fitting room. Unfortunately reshop from GS has been insane the past month, and literally no one touches it until the closer comes in at 5. I know hours have been slashed but this is the first time that Style has just decided that no one needs to touch reshop all freaking day.

Are you sure? I’m in a state that has been open for months now and our FR is still closed. I don’t think Corporate is going to reopen some and not others.

my store is so understaffed. it is only me and one other closer in softlines. there is NO ONE in gm after 7pm. most of the time i am being called to help opus or to backup cashier. we left 11 carts of go backs and a terrible zone the other day and i felt bad but idk what to do anymore.

Are you sure? I’m in a state that has been open for months now and our FR is still closed. I don’t think Corporate is going to reopen some and not others.
I won’t say I’m sure but leadership has told us to clear out all the fitting rooms because “they will be opening soon.” I hope they are full of it or perhaps just wanted them cleared out of the fixture storage we were using them for. Our district leadership isn’t exactly transparent.

Back