MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

The RTW billboards are all bullshit anyway. I can't tell you how many times a guest has asked me to help them find a shirt that a billboard model is wearing, only for me to have to explain that that particular item got clearanced out months ago and they haven't updated any of the signing.

I feel that a lot of the plus-sized and maternity stuff we have is really cute, and it's disappointing that the section is so small. I've also had a few guests complain that that section is all the way up at the fitting room, meaning that the pregnant and plus-sized gals have to walk farther to get to their section.

Yeeaah, I looked up at the billboard today and it's the same one I remember from months ago.

Some of it is cute. When I'm fitting room, I always see people that aren't pregnant taking maternity in. Then they come back out asking about the weird fit... or they've realized their mistake already. Annd, I've had multiple tiiny people ask me why the size 2 (or other plus size) is so huge. At the moment nothing's actually under the proper sign (soo much clearance!), so it's happening more now than ever.

When I'm fitting room, I always see people that aren't pregnant taking maternity in. Then they come back out asking about the weird fit... or they've realized their mistake already. Annd, I've had multiple tiiny people ask me why the size 2 (or other plus size) is so huge. At the moment nothing's actually under the proper sign (soo much clearance!), so it's happening more now than ever.

Because the big pink Liz Lange sign isn't telltale enough

A bunch of our pink signs are missing. Only the one big rack thingy and the LL table has the like billboard-ish thing on it. We used to have little ones on all others.

But that's not why they do it. 85% of our clearance isn't separated. It's almost always clearance maternity/plus that they bring in.

My ETL-Merch and ETL-SL told me they wanted my help implementing a more sorted clearance area... percentages in a sensible, flowing order, maternity together, plus together, swim together. I got my fellow TMs to start doing it, FR started sorting it all out in there, but like most initiatives, it just faded out. Things were looking so amazing but now it's just back to being sorted by percentage (and then sized). We have a ton of clearance though at a high volume store, so it's tough to keep up. Ugh.

I wish we did that, but then I don't think we could keep it up. I was behind in the fitting room today (busy day + fr is now scheduled to leave 3 hours before close so never ending reshop) and when I needed space just ended up dumping all the clearance on a 30% rack and everyone else does that all the time.

Question, do any of you announce the end of your shift? I usually update who ever is still there when I leave on what I've completed and what may need to be touched up or whatever. Almost no one else does this. But, my tl now wants me to tell her when I'm leaving if I'm FR. Up until now, I haven't because everyday the FR schedule is 10-3, then 3-8. Rarely any later, so we all know if we're on the floor, closing, that we should periodically clean the FRs. Before the hours dropped, the schedule was a little different, but periodic cleaning was still necessary. My TL closed for the first time in forever and was mad that I didn't tell her I was leaving and she came back to a messy fitting room. Every soft lines team member knows they'll have to clean the fitting room. Is she exempt from remembering this tidbit about closing? It's not like the woman does so much work that her memory should be that shot (she's actually quite lazy).

Okay. I feel the same about her having a grid as they're accessible to everyone, but I'm gonna tell her I'm leaving from now on because I don't feel like arguing with her about this again.

we all make sure the tl(or lod) knows we are leaving (if we can...there is an extreme shortage of walkies). Always have. Though our fitting room is almost always staffed (they tried cutting the hours for awhile and district threw a hissy fit)

On another note, anybody else fairly underwhelmed by the "new" plus size clothes.....they are smaller, don't go up to the previous sizes and we have no way of telling the guests what each of the sizes truly are. We also got swim bottoms two weeks after the tops...smooth move

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were something we'd been doing the whole time I've been here. In almost 2 years, idk anyone who does it. And she approached me in a nasty way as opposed to saying nicely that she wanted to make a change. Instead, she blamed me for the mess that was in the fitting room. First she said I left it. I'd never, so I asked her if she was sure I was working, so she looked up the schedule and then said that I should've told her I was leaving.

Aside from her and the other sl tl, there are only 3-4 other people working each day, including fitting room that she has to remember. If it was the busy season where there's a bunch of us everyday, sure, I'd see her point, but I can give the whole sl schedule from Friday right now if anyone asked. And our fitting room almost never closes, because we don't always do the phones. I've been updating them when I leave, if I'm on the floor, since last year's performance review, though.

I like some of the new plus. I saw some sweat pants I wanna get my mom to force her to dress like me lol. She'll hate it, but it would be funny. Gotta get her hightops too. /tangent. I hadn't noticed the thing about them being smaller but I don't get the new sizing. Hopefully, they'll put up a new sign with the new sizes and what the hell they mean. I think the old one with 1-4 is still up.

Someone told her that I didn't do it on Friday loll. No one else did, either. I told the lod tonight "[tl] wants me to let you know when I'm leaving. Dk why, but I leave at ten." And he goes "I know." Lol. I said "I figured you would. Idk why she wanted me to tell you" And then there was a little hint of shade thrown. He said "she likes to be efficient. Sometimes." With extra emphasis on that sometimes haha.

Time to get serious about the job search. I feel targeted (no pun intended!). She said this new initiative was for the whole team, but no one else has heard that.

At our store, you would just get on the Walkie and say, " this is fitting room sher leaving for the day/evening." Basically the same thing you do as you announce you are in for the day or going/coming back from break/lunch.

Okay, so announcing that you're leaving isn't unheard of, I see, but I'm the only one who's been told to do it in my store, and that bugs me. And I've been feeling like my team leads were watching me (not in a productive way) for a long time now, so this just makes it feel like I wasn't wrong.

Oye... down to zoning with 2 people at night. Place is looking more and more pathetic. Terrible when people start quitting because the job is too stressful and pointless. *sigh* o_O Been away awhile... nice new format. :)

Being expected to zone all of softlines and touch every single department (including baby world in our store) with two people. We used to have four... but heck I'd settle for three. Two is just... so ridiculous. In fact, it's so bad that the zoners pretty much quit caring because they know it's impossible.

Dang...two people...at my store it's 1 person and the operator/fitting room. Weekends and tuesdays (only because the TL that does the scheduling schedules an extra person so he doesn't have to do shit on Tuesdays ) we have two people that zone the floor. Also we are in charge of grabbing blue side and red side call boxes when they go off. so that is nice!

I thought that I had escaped softlines by keeping myself occupied with comp shop, price change, and prepping the ad but this morning I got to work at 4AM to set up the ad and there was nobody there to do softlines. Nothing like BSing my way through the 7x11s when I've never had to do it before.

My favorite moment ever at spot when the LOD goes you are to 4x4 all of softlines. I know my mouth hit the floor. I said everything is flex how do you 4x4 that. Oh just unflex it. My head about exploded. Luckily I got called to do another task that took all day.

Okay so this is a a stupid question and I'm sorry, but what is 4x4? My TLs are horrible at communication/training.

My understanding it's another term for zoning to planogram but I could be wrong.
If I'm correct I can understand why @yme73 's head exploded.

Back