MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

4x4 is making the store look like we just opened. Zone make sure labels are right, anything that is damaged like backer paper is replaced. Shelves are cleaned and if there is a hole that is empty because it was a clearance you flex and print out a new label. Two people to do all of soft lines on top of back up, mid day zone, phone calls and do reshop. At least that's how it is at my store.

4x4 is making the store look like we just opened. Zone make sure labels are right, anything that is damaged like backer paper is replaced. Shelves are cleaned and if there is a hole that is empty because it was a clearance you flex and print out a new label. Two people to do all of soft lines on top of back up, mid day zone, phone calls and do reshop. At least that's how it is at my store.

Yep, just like if plano had just got done with it.
What's old is new again.

It takes days for all of softlines to be 4x4d at my store. Not enough people so they try to get a couple areas done each day. I hate 4x4s because while we're doing all the little detail stuff and checking it or whatever, who's doing reshop? We can make it look pretty good while doing reshop, but if they want perfection and no reshop in the back, we need more people and more hours.

Okay so this is a a stupid question and I'm sorry, but what is 4x4? My TLs are horrible at communication/training.

My understanding it's another term for zoning to planogram but I could be wrong.
If I'm correct I can understand why @yme73 's head exploded.

At my store, each person does a few aisles each day. We superzone the aisles and note any issues such as missing labels, instocks, and missing/broken fixtures/displays/whatever. After we fill out our logs for each aisle, we walk with a TL and go over any issues we found, then the TL signs off on it. Eventually, someone is supposed to follow up on all issues that are noted in the 4x4 logs, but I have no idea whether or not anyone actually does.

How does one 4x4 softlines beyond just superzoning?

Everyday, I go in and find sriracha tees mixed in with millennium falcon tees. They're not that damn similar! One depicts an elixir sent from heaven, the other is a fictional spacecraft! And the Guns n Roses ones mixed in with the Johnny Cash one because they both have Jack Daniels styled graphics. I'm not sure if I'm being neurotic or if everyone else is just... Blind to little details.

@mrknownothing For an area like rtw, I just focus on sale items and tables to make sure signage is correct and what not and I'm supposed to do the rain checks, but no one has shown me how yet, so I don't. Then print missing labels if there are any. I don't actually zone the racks that aren't on sale. It'll get done with the reshop.

For all the gondolas (baby, all basics, shoes, accessories), it's basically the same thing as what you described.

Everyday, I go in and find sriracha tees mixed in with millennium falcon tees. They're not that damn similar! One depicts an elixir sent from heaven, the other is a fictional spacecraft! And the Guns n Roses ones mixed in with the Johnny Cash one because they both have Jack Daniels styled graphics. I'm not sure if I'm being neurotic or if everyone else is just... Blind to little details.

And the mossimo black and white v necks and crews

Really softlines, really? 12 baskets of unsorted, 4 Z-racks? Jesus I just can't fathom how this happened with 8 of you closing. Must be because some of you really drag your feet to even put out one shirt. So glad you ladies are getting performanced out.

Anyone else hate being off and coming back to find an F-5 tornado ripped through softlines?
Daily occurrence in my store.

Okay so this is a a stupid question and I'm sorry, but what is 4x4? My TLs are horrible at communication/training.

My understanding it's another term for zoning to planogram but I could be wrong.
If I'm correct I can understand why @yme73 's head exploded.

At my store, each person does a few aisles each day. We superzone the aisles and note any issues such as missing labels, instocks, and missing/broken fixtures/displays/whatever. After we fill out our logs for each aisle, we walk with a TL and go over any issues we found, then the TL signs off on it. Eventually, someone is supposed to follow up on all issues that are noted in the 4x4 logs, but I have no idea whether or not anyone actually does.

How does one 4x4 softlines beyond just superzoning?

thank you! One of my other softlines team members was finally told about the 4x4 and she told me about it. Thank you for the added clarification.

Really softlines, really? 12 baskets of unsorted, 4 Z-racks? Jesus I just can't fathom how this happened with 8 of you closing. Must be because some of you really drag your feet to even put out one shirt. So glad you ladies are getting performanced out.

Anyone else hate being off and coming back to find an F-5 tornado ripped through softlines?
Daily occurrence in my store.

this week alone had been horrid for my store. normally we are on top of our game and come clean an hour before the store closes and then help the rest of the floor because the ETLs make such poor judgement calls.

Summer is coming, and if you're a high volume apparel store you will be...hurting.

My store right now is getting decimated in Softlines. Despite the closers being fantastic we still keep ending with 4 to 8 Zs of processed and 10 carts of unprocessed. Our poor SLTLs are about to shoot themselves and the store can't keep up.

Summer is coming, and if you're a high volume apparel store you will be...hurting.

My store right now is getting decimated in Softlines. Despite the closers being fantastic we still keep ending with 4 to 8 Zs of processed and 10 carts of unprocessed. Our poor SLTLs are about to shoot themselves and the store can't keep up.

Shit show!! I thought my area was bad with 5 carts and 2 Zs Serenity now

@mrknownothing For an area like rtw, I just focus on sale items and tables to make sure signage is correct and what not and I'm supposed to do the rain checks, but no one has shown me how yet, so I don't. Then print missing labels if there are any. I don't actually zone the racks that aren't on sale. It'll get done with the reshop.

For all the gondolas (baby, all basics, shoes, accessories), it's basically the same thing as what you described.

Rain checking tables, I wouldn't bother.. The reasoning is that its confusing since you have three or more sizes stacked in one pile and guests "don't read" to see which one is R/C'd and what is sub'd... Basics aka underwear, socks stuff where its clear what is out and what is sub'd - go for it. My stores and In-Stocks logic anyways and we are always super green for rain check effectiveness. Cause we carpet bomb them pretty much everywhere else.

I don't do any rain checks, but someone rain checks the tables and it's so confusing. Until the 4x4 push, they never put them on tables. I'd only seen them in the gondolas before.

Omg!!! I am getting sooo frustrated with softlines. My store softlines dept looks like Walmart clearance section throughout. Is that what we really want the customer to see at Target? I work o/n, bust my butt every night, only to see day tm strolling and sliding hangers to the front of the bar or those black rings on peg hooks... Seriously? So it doesn't matter that the tables are unfolded and so over pushed that logistics can't push what needs to go out? As a customer, I hate seeing such lack of order. I'd rather see gaps than see the mess we have. Forget about shoes. I can't imagine how many sales are lost because things are flexed and nothing is in the spot it should be. When I shop, I expect to find what I'm looking for in the spot it should be. If I wanted to go hunting for the things I needed, I'd go to TJ Maxx or another closeout store. Sorry, but I had to vent.:eek:

Omg!!! I am getting sooo frustrated with softlines. My store softlines dept looks like Walmart clearance section throughout. Is that what we really want the customer to see at Target? I work o/n, bust my butt every night, only to see day tm strolling and sliding hangers to the front of the bar or those black rings on peg hooks... Seriously? So it doesn't matter that the tables are unfolded and so over pushed that logistics can't push what needs to go out? As a customer, I hate seeing such lack of order. I'd rather see gaps than see the mess we have. Forget about shoes. I can't imagine how many sales are lost because things are flexed and nothing is in the spot it should be. When I shop, I expect to find what I'm looking for in the spot it should be. If I wanted to go hunting for the things I needed, I'd go to TJ Maxx or another closeout store. Sorry, but I had to vent.:eek:
I feel your pain. I am flow and pushing soft lines can be a gigantic pain in the ass when areas aren't zoned. Most often I don't have time to refold a table or organize the jeans. I push the same areas everyday, I know where the stuff goes. If it's a mess I set it aside and continue to push . Now shoes are another mess. I do zone as I push. Mist often something is in my spot. How research is done there, I'll never know, but I do remove gray dots. Most often our store looks terrible overall and as an employee I find it embarrassing . As we all know spot expects more for less. It's no longer fast fun and friendly now it's faster funky and fucked up!

At my store, stuff isn't flexed or over pushed (in rtw, they prob need to get stuff out of the back and on the racks), but legit there are times when it doesn't all get finished and it's not our fault. I'm not going to work tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if they get it all done tonight. I folded the tables in men's, took my 15, came back and it looked like I never folded. I think I folded them all thrice today. I guess the rain kept everyone away from the shore and they decided to terrorize target instead lol. Losers.

When I was in softlines, I was the only one who would super zone the print tees. Last time I did it I created two holes that were conveniently filled by pulling the product from the backroom that was for the month-old revision!

Oh hey, 20 people waiting in line nonstop to the fitting room now. That look of the Operator ready to rage and burn down the store is fantastic.

I'll be over here pushing swimsuits and wondering why anyone would pay almost twenty bucks for a hideous bra.

Oh hey, there's a wet trail on one of the bottoms. Oh, that's blood. Excuse me, gonna go vomit now.

Today I had a whole new appreciation for SL thought I'd help out zone up a few isles of shoes. Then shoot it make it all zone flexed and look full. I did one aisle and as I step back to go yea this looks amazing three ladies go in try on shoes and shove then anywhere. I think I had a horrified look my face cause a team member said hey are you OK. I just sighed and walked away.

Back