MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Looking for some perspective on what happened..I am scheduled a rare less-than-8-hour-shift. Come in, start pushing truck as usual. Before I know it, I'm pushing alone. I'd estimate I did 75-80% of the push, plus the backstock. Then I head up on break and am informed I need to jump into price change after my break. We had one SL tm with three pricing tms who work super slowly, most deliberately. I got in an argument with one of the TLs over this. I worked my butt off on the push, did the backstock, and now have to go do PC? Couldnt someone else have at least have finished the push so I could do the PC? (one of only two tms trained). Am I wrong? Ugh sorry to rant, just frustrated today.

I feel ya... hate it when people push my buttons to the point of losing it. Like I said, we have at least 3 super lazies on our team. The hard part is when they get away with it the ones that are in the middle start sliding too. You know what I mean? I'm talking about the TMs who work hard because they think they can't get away with it and suddenly they get the idea that they CAN get away with it because others are. >< Out of the last hiring spree we got one out of three that is worth something.

What bothers me is that the TLs KNOW these people are problems but do nothing about it. They require more training. The problem is most can only do one thing whether it be fitting room, reshop, or zoning. I do everything from fitting room to truck to backstock to pog to pricing and everything in between. But I shouldn't be the only jack of all trades.

What bothers me is that the TLs KNOW these people are problems but do nothing about it. They require more training. The problem is most can only do one thing whether it be fitting room, reshop, or zoning. I do everything from fitting room to truck to backstock to pog to pricing and everything in between. But I shouldn't be the only jack of all trades.

If I could like that last part a thousand times I sooo would. I'm in the exact same position and agree 100% with you.

If I could like that last part a thousand times I sooo would. I'm in the exact same position and agree 100% with you.
I asked one TL if I could train another tm in pricing. Her response was umm no, I dont trust that person. I'm not too sure about it myself but isn't it worth a shot to take some pressure off the only two of us who do it?

I asked one TL if I could train another tm in pricing. Her response was umm no, I dont trust that person. I'm not too sure about it myself but isn't it worth a shot to take some pressure off the only two of us who do it?

Agreed. Same in my store for workload. Problem is it USED to work fine before E2E. When all I had to focus on was workload it was easy to make it happen. Part of our problem, Doglover89, is our lack of staffing. The other part is our leadership not wanting to train everybody in everything. Between the lack of staff and the lack of trust, TMs like you and I are getting worked to death and practically crushed in the process. If I didn't love the few hard working members of my team I'd probably be gone by now. If I ever get to the point of having to leave, though, I won't do it to them in Q4. I just can't. I won't go out that way.

If I didn't love the few hard working members of my team I'd probably be gone by now. If I ever get to the point of having to leave, though, I won't do it to them in Q4. I just can't. I won't go out that way.
I love my hardworking fellow TMs too. I would quit tomorrow if I could. I'd feel sorry for leaving my friends to deal with the mess, but this job is really getting to me. I keep trying to talk to various leaders because I so badly want to improve things. It hasn't been getting me anywhere. I had a panic attack last week at work. I'm just starting to think I can't do this anymore..

I love my hardworking fellow TMs too. I would quit tomorrow if I could. I'd feel sorry for leaving my friends to deal with the mess, but this job is really getting to me. I keep trying to talk to various leaders because I so badly want to improve things. It hasn't been getting me anywhere. I had a panic attack last week at work. I'm just starting to think I can't do this anymore..

Well if it comes to health... maybe you need to start looking for another job but don't tell them. That way when you do leave you can just move from one job to the next. Yes, it's hard to leave others to suffer but you've been dealing with it for awhile now. If it's not going to get better at all and you're starting to be physically affected, it's time to look out for yourself because we both know Target won't look out for you. I'm sure the TMs you don't want to leave will understand. They may just follow you out the door.

I’m there with you. Hopefully you guys have HR helping answer phones this quarter. They told me that today

Has anyone else's store decided they needed to have pants hung in a way that all of the hangers are lined up when on a rack, in turn causing the pants to have a lot of slack in the middle? Personally I think it looks terrible but I was told it's "a thing" and we have to do it now.

The most difficult stuff to hang at softline so far I think it's girl's bra and long dresses... And those very heavy snow pants, off-shoulder clothes
I'm okay with the normal pants compared to those things.

The most difficult stuff to hang at softline so far I think it's girl's bra and long dresses... And those very heavy snow pants, off-shoulder clothes
I'm okay with the normal pants compared to those things.

Omg, please don't get me started on bras. ASANTS but in my store, the specific way they want us to hang bras is very important and as a result, requires a lot of time. Which would be OK, I guess if we had hangers for bra go-backs, which we don't. So we dig around trying to find the appropriate hanger or something that will work, and glory be, we find one and, the size markers cannot be pried off without breaking them and then we often don't have the correct size marker to put on the scrounged hanger. And, this doesn't even begin to consider the cluster that is multiple bra sets that need to be rehung as a group. When I'm working the fitting room, unless bras and hangers come back together and I think I can quickly match them up, I wait until the end of my shift to attempt to figure out what to do. And, even our best TM's will leave a basket of bras at the end of their shifts, not because they are lazy in the least, just because there aren't hangers to be found in our store.

Only other items that throw us a curve when re-shoping are kids/infants clothing sets (tops/bottoms) or infant sleep sets with multiple items that require a hanger that accommodates multiple items. Unless the items come back with the hanger, they are going to sit until there is time to dig through a bin to try to find the correct hanger.

Guess this flies in the face of the immediate reshop....

[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you on the infant set things...Not to mention the kid's sleepwear sets too that comes as 4 pieces and missing one or only have one but missing all other three.

Everyone on your Team should be a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades ! That's why EVERYONE is being paid the same. The Leadership in your store needs to start saying, " Hey, (fill in the blank), you now get $11.50 p/h.....Here's what you need to do to earn that: guest service, push, pull, zone, more service, fr/op duties, go-backs, backstock, purge, zone some more, go-backs some more, service some more, fr/op some more, etc, etc, etc. THIS is what is EXPECTED of you for that $11.50 p/h."
It's the Leadership in your building that needs a wake-up call. If it's not your immediate TL, it's the next tier up. You, personally, are taking on waaaaay too much of their pressure. They get paid to take on the responsibility of the department; not dump it on you. Any good Leader would love to have a "Doglover" on their Team..... not to take "advantage of"------ but show you as the"example of". Hang in there.

Edit: Damn..... I forgot price-change. :oops:

Everyone on your Team should be a Jack/Jill-of-all-trades ! That's why EVERYONE is being paid the same.
Any good Leader would love to have a "Doglover" on their Team..... not to take "advantage of"------ but show you as the"example of".

Yeah, I agree that everyone should do everything because we're all getting paid the same. My leaders say we need to give the new people time to learn and I agree, but so far it seems that there are certain people they only want to do the basics (zoning and reshop). I would think that leaders would want me on their team, but it kinda seems like the opposite is going on. Mine seem to be annoyed at how quickly I accomplish everything and then start asking for more tasks to do.

Yeah, I agree that everyone should do everything because we're all getting paid the same. My leaders say we need to give the new people time to learn and I agree, but so far it seems that there are certain people they only want to do the basics (zoning and reshop). I would think that leaders would want me on their team, but it kinda seems like the opposite is going on. Mine seem to be annoyed at how quickly I accomplish everything and then start asking for more tasks to do.

I'd take you on my team. I am in the same boat. I can do just about every sales floor task, yet so many of my peers get away with doing so little.

SL here is dying with the new rules we have: No more than 2 of each size for sweaters/sweatshirts, 3 for everything else. Meanwhile, we are getting buried in folded items from truck bc, hello, Black Friday. We can’t extend any arms on racks, so we have to backstock the hanging. And no more Operator. SLTMs get to take two hour shifts at the FR where you can’t have any reshop either. Oh. And you should be interacting with EVERY guest.

Yep..... I feel ya' ! We're in the same situation..... we tried the 2-hour FR "style room-guest interaction" scene about 3 weeks ago. It was total madness!! The Team's momentum w/ their workload was so disrupted with the 2hr shift..... it became counterproductive. So, with the approval of our STL..... we now have 30 min shifts. It's much more manageable. Not perfect..... but manageable.

Yep..... I feel ya' ! We're in the same situation..... we tried the 2-hour FR "style room-guest interaction" scene about 3 weeks ago. It was total madness!! The Team's momentum w/ their workload was so disrupted with the 2hr shift..... it became counterproductive. So, with the approval of our STL..... we now have 30 min shifts. It's much more manageable. Not perfect..... but manageable.

Whoever came up with that idea needs their head examined. It’s a nightmare.

omg... one of my coworkers has a way to get the labels off bra hangers with scissors that I CANNOT FIGURE OUT! Lol... I break the hanger every time I try it. I can usually pull it off with my fingers, but I end up with sore fingers with a little callus if I do a bra-heavy shift. We have this orange thing that I think is actually a nail puller that works to get them off. Gotta hoard bra hangers and ask the front end to keep them instead of throwing them in the bag. We used to have a cart attendant that would dig bra hangers out for us before dumping the bin

Back