MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

omg... one of my coworkers has a way to get the labels off bra hangers with scissors that I CANNOT FIGURE OUT! Lol... I break the hanger every time I try it. I can usually pull it off with my fingers, but I end up with sore fingers with a little callus if I do a bra-heavy shift. We have this orange thing that I think is actually a nail puller that works to get them off. Gotta hoard bra hangers and ask the front end to keep them instead of throwing them in the bag. We used to have a cart attendant that would dig bra hangers out for us before dumping the bin

Here's my little trick: grab an empty gift card and slide it underneath the label on each side. It should pop right off.

What exactly are you doing during these 30 min shifts? Never heard of this.

That "time", whether it's 2hrs or 30 min, is intended to be totally "guest-centric". The Team is supposed to give amazing service in the "Style Room" (aka FR)..... assisting their Guest w/ "fit" and "style" and "trend". They are supposed to "build the basket" w/ amazing service and sell in "3's". Very personalized, very "private shopper-esque".
And.... before you can tell me I'm full of sh**; and this is all "smoke and mirrors"; I agree. Wholeheartedly. In fact, I used to work for a company that was PURE commission. That "Style Room" was the be-all and end-all to my paycheck. So, trust me, ...... I can "work" the Style Room when needed to fill my bank account. But.... at Target; it's not the same. I believe in great "service", without a doubt.... but that's truly not our caliber of Guest. I love helping our Guest..... but I'm not "selling" her something she doesn't want or need just to" build her basket" (or my paycheck). I'd rather build her respect and her commitment to Target.

That "time", whether it's 2hrs or 30 min, is intended to be totally "guest-centric". The Team is supposed to give amazing service in the "Style Room" (aka FR)..... assisting their Guest w/ "fit" and "style" and "trend". They are supposed to "build the basket" w/ amazing service and sell in "3's". Very personalized, very "private shopper-esque".

Interesting. I wonder if/when this will roll out to my district. We don't have enough staff to even have an FRO most days. How many people do you have working on a typical shift? Are you really low volume?

Our typical weekday (truck day) A&A schedule is 4-5 "early" TMs; 3 "mid" TMs; and 3 "closing" TMs. We schedule a few extra TMs during the weekends to accommodate more traffic. In theory..... everyone spends time in the FR. We try to keep the shift down to 30 min for the "early" TMs because their workload tends to be heavier. The "mids" and "closers" usually have 1-hour shifts.

Our typical weekday (truck day) A&A schedule is 4-5 "early" TMs; 3 "mid" TMs; and 3 "closing" TMs. We schedule a few extra TMs during the weekends to accommodate more traffic. In theory..... everyone spends time in the FR. We try to keep the shift down to 30 min for the "early" TMs because their workload tends to be heavier. The "mids" and "closers" usually have 1-hour shifts.

Oh wow. We don't have that many tms on our entire team. Typically we have 3-4 openers, maybe one mid, and 3-4 closers. And a lot of our tms do not work the FR anyway. We'd never get truck or backstock done let alone reshop if we had to take turns in the FR.

I feel you man...
I started working this year, one of my tl seems to be very annoyed by how fast I learn and accomplish tasks. Now I kinda understand why some people recently left the store after I started could stay here for so long, whatever not right with call-out in this one and working the exact same time on the other one. Sometimes she told me to grab reshop for my zone at fitting room but there's like one or two things hanging there for my zone because I finished them most as I zoned, but reshop of other zones are terribly overflowing

Anyone else fighting to recover from black Friday and Cyber Monday here? This year is my first time lol Oh that mountains of reshop ...

Anyone else fighting to recover from black Friday and Cyber Monday here? This year is my first time lol Oh that mountains of reshop ...

Actually, no, we're good on reshop. Trucks this week however are ridiculous. My TL and I spent the first 3 hours of our shifts this morning breaking down 3 huge pallets' worth of boxes of both hanging and folded/basics items. Crazy.

Trucks are killing us. That and SFS using every available vehicle. And the ridiculous new SL operating procedures. The Holiday Season can suck it - at least how Target is doing it. I get it, it’s retail and this is our GO time, but still. Give the stores the tools and time to get it right without running around like their hair is on fire. No amount of free food is going to make up for day after day of shit.

Actually, no, we're good on reshop. Trucks this week however are ridiculous. My TL and I spent the first 3 hours of our shifts this morning breaking down 3 huge pallets' worth of boxes of both hanging and folded/basics items. Crazy.

I hope my store is like yours. Somehow we suffer from reshop every time after a weekend or special high volume day, sometimes it last for days to clean up and recover from it...

Well.... the time has come. Our upper has declared no more extending of bars. I can't wait to see how this will POSSIBLY work.

Keeping our bars fully extended was my only hope for filling our floor during Q4 !!! All this will do is create MORE backstock! I feel like there will be this massive Sidewalk Sale in January of all the backstocked merchandise that has gone to clearance that we can't put on the salesfloor. Maybe we can use K-mart's flashing blue light..... since they won't be needing it.

Does anyone know the part number for a 12 inch white peg hook? The 9 inch is AM0563... but I can't seem to find the 12 inch one.

I just need to vent.

Showed up this afternoon, walked back to the fitting room and omg. It looked like a tornado had been through there. Lots of clearance was either on the floor or slung over the bars. There were four or five carts of reshop, only two of which were sorted, and the two metro carts were pretty well filled. There was a cart with a backstock clip, seemingly random things dropped in the bottom of the metro carts, a cart holding only some sign holders and nothing else, and the desk held several items that needed rewrap or salvage. And to top it off, even though the operator I was replacing was there at the desk, a few fitting rooms had items left in them.

She said it was just her, and that explained things. Then she said there was another person there, someone who is really good about getting reshop out. So not as easily explained. She left and I found out there was a third person there. Now I'm wondering what she did today, with all that was waiting for me.

Augh! It took me a long time to get that area right.

I have a question why cant the hangers be organized in the fitting room? by size

We have ours organized on a hanger storage rack by department. Team members are constantly mixing them up even though each bar is labeled clearly. Every shift I spend a few minutes back there fixing it up because it irritates me beyond belief, especially when a cashier is thrown in the fitting room with no training because of lack of coverage and puts infant clothing on RTW hangers. TBH I would not waste my time trying to get everybody to maintain it by size; it's just not feasible.

We tried it, it was a colossal failure. Some people just don't care if they are sorted or not. Some people do care but there are those days where you can take the time to put them away neatly or you can just stick them on the bar and use the time for a last bit of reshop or zoning.

We tried it, it was a colossal failure. Some people just don't care if they are sorted or not. Some people do care but there are those days where you can take the time to put them away neatly or you can just stick them on the bar and use the time for a last bit of reshop or zoning.

Sounds like the hanger-organization needs to be an "expectation" set by your Leadership ( TL and LODs). It can't be done by one or two TMs; it's got to be the whole team. It's really not any "additional" time, if you think about it; You waste time trying to "find" the right hanger in an unorganized closet..... so you "swap" that time w/ keeping it orderly. Again, Leadership needs to set the expectation; and follow up on that expectation constantly (hourly, probably) with all TMs; and not just expect a few of you to do all the work. After about one week of a crystal clear expectation; and "inspections"..... you guys will be set !!!

Refolded denim for UT due to the fact that we found out after the fact that they don't want the crotch folded in anymore. Got a visit from the DHR. Not too bad of a launch.

Back