MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Well, I have no women's sleepwear in back. It's all on the floor and still light in the Xhilaration side. Men's sleepwear got picked clean and the only thing I had to fill the holes with was a half rack of those character onesies.... so no men's sleepwear in the back either. Now I need to go through what is left of coats (not much) and a few sweaters....

Does anybody know the part number for the metal foot holder that goes inside the standing baby mannequins? Or how I could go about finding that part number? I need to order some.

Is there anything significant happening the next two weeks? My hours are decent for January next week, just a little lower than usual, and pretty good the week after, more than usual.

All but one day is closing shift. But I guess the other people normally stuck with closing could be called en masse to the daytime stuff.

This week we have the sleep and intimates get out (which means that activewear is combining with hosiery and intimates is combining with sleep) also Toddler and NIT is getting a big floor move as well as Boys and Girls if you have the link to the VMG it'll tell you everything there.

If your hours are going back up for softlines this time of year, there’s a good chance your store is doing the Project Lace thing with the lingerie. Changes how the bras and panties are displayed to be similar to Victoria’s Secret, and may involve different fixture set ups.
Where'd you hear about the Project Lace thing? That sounds really interesting, is it only for remodeled stores? My stores a bit behind :(

We've started receiving some of the new hangers. Didn't read the guide, though. Anyone know if we'll have to order a new size tab removal tool? I mean, I assume we do since they're curved.

If you can bring 4 tms other than yourself and the vm because the fixtures are pretty heavy

Then this will drive those in breakout crazy if no one ends up taking out z-racks or the fast movers.

We finished up Project Lace at my store last week. There are three new brands. Under the Stars, only sleep. Colace, Junior/trendy intimates, and the other I can’t remember but it is the main intimates.
Under the Stars (sleep), Colsie (Xhil), and Auden (GOM)

Colsie is so much better than Colace (the stool softener).

Still in that limbo of not knowing when or if we'll receive a mini remodel since we're changing to a next generation model in a few months. In the meantime reading some of this stuff on the new sleep area is horrifying. Only because I have no idea if we're going to get the parts to set up the way the VMG calls or even if the VMG will have a setup for stores that don't have the fixtures. Hoping the latter is true.

@RightArm I'm in the middle of a nextgen remodel right now. Can't wait til it's apparel time. Nothing much has changed for us yet. Just moving anf condensing. It's been going pretty well so far.

SO sick of this job. I am supposed to be setting the men's VMG this week but it's damn hard to do that when you have to answer the phone, fix the fitting room, backstock all the crap from autofills, push truck, do go backs, and zone. Doesn't matter that I work double time to make sure other TMs can be left alone when it's their turn to set their areas.... I just don't get the same support. Target demands so much and I get that all retail is going to this model but let me tell you, I go home broken, dragging, and half dead EVERY single day it seems. Just once I'd like to have a manageable workload with reasonable expectations. And yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir. lol Reading your stories on this thread tells me that I'm not alone. The struggle is indeed real and I feel for you all.

@RightArm I'm in the middle of a nextgen remodel right now. Can't wait til it's apparel time. Nothing much has changed for us yet. Just moving anf condensing. It's been going pretty well so far.

Glad to hear it's going well for you. :) I think ours has been slated for June now. Who knows? We just found out we're NOT getting any of the fixtures for the intimate/sleep remodel until our next gen remodel and so we have to figure out the layout for this huge new reset. I think corporate should create a VA map for stores who are not getting the intimate/sleep update. I mean, c'mon, you SNIPE at us for not following VMG and then you won't give us one? Really?

Back