MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Thanks, apparently no one at my store is aware of this! I will look into it further.

Would you possibly have a number for them?

Yeah, white paper tags, teeny hold for tagging gun or those loops that work well for purses. I'm surprised you dont have them.

Ours were always hiding in the fixture room, even after price change ceased to be. They were mixed in with the label spools for the printers. Maybe it's worth it to see in any are collecting dust back there.

-_- see I have approached pur tl and gm about this multiple times because we are losing bank on this way. I kid you jot I have stoppes many tms from defecting out perfectly good reshop just because it doesnt have a tag. It has numbers inside ffs. And dont get me started on how many teo piece or four piece pj sets are defectced because we dont have hangers for them or people are to lazy to make it work with what we have. We dont even have tape eitther. Just. I dont get it.

Oh no no, I don't defect things just because they don't have tags, and hangers can be found or rigged up somehow. And if an underwear package is intact and the flap just won't stay closed, I will tape it shut. But if there are missing items or the plastic packaged is ripped open, or the cardboard package is falling apart and would require major repair, then off it goes.

And half pj sets have to go. Has to have all their parts, so just a top or just a bottom in gone. Pissed me off to no end when people would take pj sets into the fitting rooms and I couldn't immediate check the size of the not kept set before the "guests" got out of sight with their chosen set. Had to be salvaged. Pissed me off triple when GS couldn't be bothered to check the size of the top and the bottom of returned pj sets and sent back a set as reshop that immediately had to be returned to them as salvage. How many extra seconds can it possibly take to check top and bottom when processing the return?

Oooh, don't get me started on all the stuff GS puts in our reshop that is damaged or salvage! You took back something that is stained or worn or coming up zero, fine, take care of the guest if you must - but don't turn around and throw zero items or that smelly, obviously worn, or reeking-of-detergent-or-cigarette smoke thing in our reshop bin!

Last edited:
Even worse, clothes where the attached tag didn't match the brand printed/sewn in the collar or waistband. Or the sewn tag was missing and the stitch outline was a completely different shape than our stitched labels.

I swear GS had collective brain damage. I'd march up there and bitch, the VM who also was hot under the collar would go up, the SrTL would also say something, and it'd still happen. And then I think someone would make it a Very Big Deal because it would stop for a couple of months, and then it'd kick into high gear again even though we didn't have turnover.

The one that made me the most angry was one of the cheaper brands returned with a Who What Wear clearance tag. I went to the GSTL about that one so he could tell GS to check the interior label against the tag, and since the item was not clearance he said it was perfectly fine, there was no issue since they lost money. He could not wrap his brain around the fact that a regular price item for half of the clothes in RTW is cheaper than WWW on clearance.

Someone returned American Eagle jeans at our store with a UT tag. We also had a sweatshirt with a massive Adidas logo on it returned. How do you miss that??

We've all told GS, our APTL has nagged and nagged GS, and still we get back crap like an untagged, wadded and obviously used crib sheet from a brand we don't carry. Why.

If style consultants are supposed to own their area, why do we still do massive resets where all but 2 style TM, ex. 4 style tm, vm, tl, and pml are "resetting" the same area at the same time. I know some fixtures, moveable walls, etc need 2 people, but some of this seems excessive.

So it gets done very quickly. One person setting all if the new activewear or swim would take most of the day and be pretty disruptive to guest traffic flow. I miss setting things overnight.

So it gets done very quickly. One person setting all if the new activewear or swim would take most of the day and be pretty disruptive to guest traffic flow. I miss setting things overnight.
That makes sense, but it doesn't work that way at my store. 4+ people and swim wasn't set, etc. It seemed like last year it was only 2 people- vm, dbo, and sometimes a tl or tm helping. Doing it this seems more disruptive since it only leaves 2 tm- 1 at the fitting room and the other one at the register, helping guest in all of style, and running returns.

Why is someone staged at the fitting room?
Its beenn like that since I started. It's the standard to ensure guest feel welcomed and have a great fitting room experience. A tl/etl got an email telling them to put a tm there. The first hour and half it's usually slow enough the push nearby z racks.

Does this mean Target is resurrecting some brain cells and re-realizing the importance of the FRO? They forbade FROs just a couple of months after they mandated online training to be a proper FR attendant.

We still have someone at the fitting room. Our store is pretty high shrink and it helps. During the day she sorts everything and does all detectives as well as running any leftover reshop from the night before as soon as she gets there. For the rest of her shift she runs reshop in areas that don't have their dbos on the clock. Nighttime FR also zones adjacent depts of C9 and IHS.

My store has someone not at the fitting room but in Universal Thread which is literally right at the fitting room so it's NBD.

Does this mean Target is resurrecting some brain cells and re-realizing the importance of the FRO? They forbade FROs just a couple of months after they mandated online training to be a proper FR attendant.

ASANTS, I guess, bc my SD typically schedules someone at the FR 11-7 weekdays and open to close weekends. I think it really depends on whether or not your SD allocates the hours for that. But, starting the week of Jan. 12th, we're going back to a rotation during the week. Apparently, hours are particularly shitty 🤷🏻‍♀️

Shoot we havent had a fro for over a year now. This will be the second year and our etls arent saying anything about getting one again :/

Is anyone else a test store for putting red security tagging on clothing? My ap told me they're starting with the new performance brand that's coming out then the unload sort team for softlines has to put them on before it hits the floor

Back