MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Oh lordy, I hope we don't start tagging! Huge PITA.

For those that don't schedule a fitting room attendant, who cleans out the stalls, re-hangs and sorts the go backs? Who retrieves and sorts reshop from GS? Do you have an unofficial FR TM assigned to a department on the schedule, but they know FR is part of their duties?

For those that don't schedule a fitting room attendant, who cleans out the stalls, re-hangs and sorts the go backs? Who retrieves and sorts reshop from GS? Do you have an unofficial FR TM assigned to a department on the schedule, but they know FR is part of their duties?

During peak hours, every TM takes a turn at the FR, usually for an hour. Off-peak, we'll check the stalls every half-hour or hour. As for GS, the DBOs will go up and grab their own reshop. No sorting necessary that way.

During peak hours, every TM takes a turn at the FR, usually for an hour. Off-peak, we'll check the stalls every half-hour or hour. As for GS, the DBOs will go up and grab their own reshop. No sorting necessary that way.
How long are their shifts? An hour plus breaks is a pretty significant chunk out of the day if you're only working 5. When I started at my current store they had FR only attendants scheduled from open to close. One is M-F 7-330 so she gets as many hours as I do (Style lead). AP of course appreciates them being there all of the time because we're a high shrink store (hence the tagging of women's swim and C9) but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything other than sort reshop and repackage/do detectives. Now we have them clearing the FR and guest service and doing reshop in the am and then they do any reshop for Dbos that aren't on the clock. With hours being cut so much this week my dbos are down to 4/5 hour shifts. That makes me want to have them completely own reshop, from sorting to pushing. It's the only way to come close to justifying them getting almost double the hours. For night coverage I have them zone adjacent depths of C9 and IHS.

We've had the red tags for a long time now. Makes OPU and Drive-up fun bc GS are the ones who have to check and take them off before giving the bags to the guest.

How long are their shifts? An hour plus breaks is a pretty significant chunk out of the day if you're only working 5. When I started at my current store they had FR only attendants scheduled from open to close. One is M-F 7-330 so she gets as many hours as I do (Style lead). AP of course appreciates them being there all of the time because we're a high shrink store (hence the tagging of women's swim and C9) but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything other than sort reshop and repackage/do detectives. Now we have them clearing the FR and guest service and doing reshop in the am and then they do any reshop for Dbos that aren't on the clock. With hours being cut so much this week my dbos are down to 4/5 hour shifts. That makes me want to have them completely own reshop, from sorting to pushing. It's the only way to come close to justifying them getting almost double the hours. For night coverage I have them zone adjacent depths of C9 and IHS.
Wow, ASANTS sure applies here. Our process bears no resemblance to SpilledTea's. We are closer to StyleMaven's but are not considered a FR attendant. We are the DBO of an adjacent department but it is part of our duties to take care of the FR and reshop. However, we are not required to stay at the fitting room. We also don't get near the hours that SM mentioned, and we have gaps in morning and evening coverage, sometimes by as much as four hours.

I got some clarification from my ETL today; no rotation, but TMs are expected to walk guests to the FR, etc. When we have someone scheduled on the weekends they are going to be retrieving & running reshop for all of Style and "engaging" guests on the floor as well as keeping an eye on the FR. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Oh lordy, I hope we don't start tagging! Huge PITA.

Our store does a "quick cleanout" every few hours when it starts getting bad. All the DBOs are called over and we have to get the FR looking spotless as quick as we can (so we can get back to what we were actually working on). It's... frustrating. At the point they call us over it's trashed and clothes are piled everywhere. It takes so long for a few of us to get it under control, and I can't imagine our shrinkage isn't terrible.

Ugh. Because of hours cuts we're going to no FR person in the schedule we just posted. Other Style TL and I have to decide how we want to handle the FR going forward, be it the rotation or whatever. Boo.

Last year at this time they cut coverage down to one in the morning for four hours and one at closing for four hours, with no one at all taking care of things in between. That's right, a five hour gap. Guess who walked in to a mess three or four nights a week for months, until they wised up? This girl 😳

Yeah, that's rough!! Our FR was sucking so many hours that our dbos were only going to be getting around 20hrs, now we can bump them to 25. We changed a bit of ownership too. Now the person who did work mornings will be the dbo of women's active, hosiery(adjacent) and accessories (used to belong to infants and active used to belong to the person who had AND, plus and maternity). IHS girl now has intimates and swim. So most people keep around the same hour and some have smaller departments to keep up with. We'll see how it goes!

As am aside, anyone seen the new vmgs for UT and AND for the 26th? Holy fixture moves batman! I like them, will definitely start moving early if I get the new product flowing in. Most pog merch I already have. But I'm going to have to dig with mannequin forms, the UT wants 6 leg forms I think and I only have 5 under my ism gable. AND back wall wants 6 bust forms and I only have 4. Will have to figure out if new vmg for AIM requires all of the current leg forms, it looks like a lot.

I have a question for the swim vmgs. Before they updated the 12.29 VMG, we set swim the way the 12.29 originally wanted it but now in the new 12.29 VMG and 1.19 VMG, they want Xhil and Kona Sol swapped. I want to keep them where they are right now because I honestly don't want to switch them up lol but they're asking for 1.19 VMG pics now. We sent them the 12.29 pictures and they haven't said anything

Our VMD (Visual Merchandising Director) sent out communication almost 2 weeks ago regarding Kona & Xhil being swapped, so we had a heads up. If your question is whether or not to do it, then I'd say yes. I figure that you'll have to do it eventually, so might as well get it over with. It really wasn't too much of a hardship, tbh.

Yeah, I was thinking that we will have to swap them eventually so it would probably be better to go ahead and do it. We didn't want to swap them mainly because we know they want Xhil to be on the main aisle/corner strike and Kona Sol to be on the secondary wall, which is how it is now. Of course, every store's floorpads aren't the same and aren't going to match the floorpad as stated in the VMG. Just want to get a feel on what everyone else did since we have mixed feelings about it and our VMD hasn't responded to our email :p

As am aside, anyone seen the new vmgs for UT and AND for the 26th? Holy fixture moves batman! I like them, will definitely start moving early if I get the new product flowing in. Most pog merch I already have. But I'm going to have to dig with mannequin forms, the UT wants 6 leg forms I think and I only have 5 under my ism gable. AND back wall wants 6 bust forms and I only have 4. Will have to figure out if new vmg for AIM requires all of the current leg forms, it looks like a lot.

VMG should give you alternatives for how many bust/leg forms your store has.

Also, has anyone else's store actually fixture blocked RTW/YC for February? My leads & VM seem very content to just not do it and it's kind of driving me nuts.

Back