MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Our softlines team is a joke. They spend more time doing nothing than they spend doing anything. The other night, the LOD got fed up with it, and decided that he would take me out of cashiering for the night and have me set the pace in softlines and keep everyone on track. The softlines crew had to rotate through cashiering to cover my shift there. And they've all been working softlines longer than I've even been at the store (and I've only worked a could of softlines shifts).

That should have put them on notice that they need to get it in gear...but I kinda doubt they were able to rub those brain cells together enough to figure that out.

I thought you were a GSA. You have a cashiering shift and you're working softlines? That would be an unusual arrangement at my store.

Our softlines team is a joke. They spend more time doing nothing than they spend doing anything. The other night, the LOD got fed up with it, and decided that he would take me out of cashiering for the night and have me set the pace in softlines and keep everyone on track. The softlines crew had to rotate through cashiering to cover my shift there. And they've all been working softlines longer than I've even been at the store (and I've only worked a could of softlines shifts).

That should have put them on notice that they need to get it in gear...but I kinda doubt they were able to rub those brain cells together enough to figure that out.

I thought you were a GSA. You have a cashiering shift and you're working softlines? That would be an unusual arrangement at my store.

If I'm scheduled to cashier, that means I cashier. GSAs at my store only really GSA/GSTL if they are scheduled to do so (or to back up breaks/lunches). Sure, I can still answer questions and help out on lanes, but if I'm scheduled for cashiering, I don't have keys and another GSA/GSTL is running the lanes.

I also think that etl still has me in the pipeline and wants me to have some time with a team outside the front end and also realizes I'm restless being in the front end constantly....because I jumped on two soft line shifts...and on the next schedule, I had a couple of hard line shifts for the first time in forever.

It must be fun to have a little variety. Except for zoning and brand walk to the pharmacy and electronics, there are days at a time that I never set foot off the front end.

There's no time for all of that! I mostly just fold on my chest, quickly. They look fine, but they never ever look as neat as cotton tees do and I hate it. The worst part about em for me is how bad they look at the end of the day. It's harder for guests to just lift the pile and pull out the shirt and still have it look somewhat neat... not that they really do that... they have to open up a few sizes and throw them to the side first

Those are the shirts that I have come to think of as Slinkies made of cloth...that simply never...stop...slinking...no...matter...what... ( cue footage of me tearing my hair out as a veritable waterfall of these shirts goes cascading off the shelf before my very eyes )...

Are those the same ones I had to put on those stupid tubes we had for the displays?
Couldn't understand why the shirts would either have nothing to hold them to the tube or be made out of a material that wouldn't stick.

Haven't seen 'em on tubes....can think of many tubes that I'd be delighted to send them down, however....

That wasn't nice, was it? Poor shirts can't help being the way the manufacturers made them, after all...

it's just that I really question the decision to put them on tables, since that is CLEARLY NOT their natural habitat, and it's us hapless softlines soldiers that have to mop up after it all...

are you talking about the graphic tee display? lol. I too havnt seen any other tube. Those Mossimo Black dressy shirts do look bad folded and Im sure on a hanger they wouldnt look any better.

Haven't seen 'em on tubes....can think of many tubes that I'd be delighted to send them down, however....

That wasn't nice, was it? Poor shirts can't help being the way the manufacturers made them, after all...

it's just that I really question the decision to put them on tables, since that is CLEARLY NOT their natural habitat, and it's us hapless softlines soldiers that have to mop up after it all...

LOL! I just LOVE your imagery. :D

Yeh, Commie's talking about the graphic tee display for sure.... though some of those were made out of the same stupid material. :p

Yeh, Commie's talking about the graphic tee display for sure.... though some of those were made out of the same stupid material. :p

Yea, now they have signs that are put over them for years you had to struggle to put T-shirts on the frelling things.
Of course they're not built like a person and the shirts are all slinky.
I tried to leave it for the folks in softlines but it never got done.

We have actually removed the dressy tees from the tables. They were taking too long to fold at night and it was affecting our zone.

Our STL gave the ok to put them on a rack and no DTL or even our Group Director has said a thing about them. We just spread out the Mossimo tanks and the teed are so much easier to handle!

Just make sure you have a good plan for when they come off the truck to have a team member hang them and remove the sticker.

I must confess I didn't read the entire thread but anyone a sltl or sletl notice the adj came red being wrong about most of the adj? Intimates never shows up on there anymore and boy and girls is one there like every week yet no adj. I've my supported and talked to my clueless etl and have gotten no where like normal. I started just making the Softlines Plano schedule around what's on the books but sometimes that's still wrong...

We have actually removed the dressy tees from the tables. They were taking too long to fold at night and it was affecting our zone.

Our STL gave the ok to put them on a rack and no DTL or even our Group Director has said a thing about them. We just spread out the Mossimo tanks and the teed are so much easier to handle!

Just make sure you have a good plan for when they come off the truck to have a team member hang them and remove the sticker.

I've have asked to do this and been shot down our table continuously looks like crap...and take up to much time your lucky

They've been scheduling us in a way that makes no sense. They schedule it so that there's 3-5 hours with no fitting room coverage, so someone scheduled on the floor has to cover those hours and then there's only 1-2 people on the floor. So, there are z-racks on racks on racks. I hate that, because if the pda tells you there should be 983147 of something on the floor and you can't find it for a guest because it's on one of the 90 racks in the back, it's a pain. I usually try to search the z-racks in the back, but there are so many in such a tight space.

They've been scheduling us in a way that makes no sense. They schedule it so that there's 3-5 hours with no fitting room coverage, so someone scheduled on the floor has to cover those hours and then there's only 1-2 people on the floor. So, there are z-racks on racks on racks. I hate that, because if the pda tells you there should be 983147 of something on the floor and you can't find it for a guest because it's on one of the 90 racks in the back, it's a pain. I usually try to search the z-racks in the back, but there are so many in such a tight space.

It is max, at work on Salesfloor.

Multiple departments have the tables arranged in a U formation at the front, so I can't even fake-zone anymore! We've been severely understaffed so we've basically only been making the tables that are visible from the aisle look good.

There is a rack where sale maxi dresses should be. There's literally one dress on the rack and I know for a fact that there are more of those dresses in the back... on one of the million z-racks. I hope we get them out in time for someone to have a chance to buy em at practically half-off.

Multiple departments have the tables arranged in a U formation at the front, so I can't even fake-zone anymore! We've been severely understaffed so we've basically only been making the tables that are visible from the aisle look good.

There is a rack where sale maxi dresses should be. There's literally one dress on the rack and I know for a fact that there are more of those dresses in the back... on one of the million z-racks. I hope we get them out in time for someone to have a chance to buy em at practically half-off.

In the same position here. It's so bad now that all I ever do when I come in is go backs and it never really gets caught up. We used to have a person on the floor doing them at night but they quit doing that even before hour cuts. Our poor setting team can't even get pogs and adj set because when they come in they're told that the go backs are priority. So now we're over a week behind in some of our sets. It's a bit maddening. And from my TLs experience it's never been this bad since she started working here. *sigh*

Infants and toddler clothes had to be the worst place in the store...it was a mess! Too many tiny things strewn about!

How is everybody managing the workload this week? This week is going to be the death of me...

Infants and toddler clothes had to be the worst place in the store...it was a mess! Too many tiny things strewn about!

So this is a problem in stores other than mine!? No one ever goes over there. I used to always go, but then some of our Boy/Girls regulars left, so they send me there often, and now no one ever does infant/toddler. The tables currently look like thiss

4607297160_4dab4ec30a.jpg

Anyone have inside info about Phillip Lim?? Know if the hightops only come in Men's sizes... or are there like, idk, kids sizes? I want them, but I only wear a 6 in kids/7.5 women and I have a suspicion they don't come in my size.

Back