Archived Hardlines stocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baethoven

Professional Ladder Climber
Is this a Target company policy or is this just my store?

Some of my store’s TL’s have been getting really frustrating about stocking. They insist that we can only have one vehicle on the floor and absolutely no boxes on the ground.

This is especially frustrating right now because we’re getting close to 2k piece trucks right now which means the vehicles are piled high and it makes it near impossible when you get started to have a separate backstock pile. Admittedly once you get about halfway through the space opens up to have your backstock separated on the uboat but man until that point it just feels like you’re wasting a lot of time trying to organize and reorganize on the vehicle. Maybe I’m just being a baby about it, but it feels like most of my coworkers are pretty frustrated about it too.

Nope it's the same across the company. Thanks to Mr.Cornell. We tried setting our rug transition with 2 vehicles. Even that was a struggle and asinine. And we can't have unattended vehicles on the floor at all! Meaning that if we go to break or lunch, we need to stage or move our vehicles off the floor. There isn't even any room in the bakroom to do so, even more asinine! So no it's not just your store. The STL here is like the vehicle police. He comes out of his office just to walk the floor to call out on walkie if there's an unattended vehicle, pallet, etc...ASININE!😡

Oh man, at least at our store they’re pretty okay with us leaving the vehicles on our breaks and such. Our backroom is a MESS right now with the whole modernization thing. Softlines does NOT need all the room they’re being given and hardlines is suffering because of it. 🙄

My TL is always saying that too but I never listen, lol. The way our backroom is set up, my backstock is spread from one side of the BR to the other and generally blocked by vehicles and clutter all the way across, so there's no way for me to backstock-as-I-go without it taking 5 times longer than necessary. So I have a push vehicle and backstock vehicles for each side of the BR, and they know I'll have it guest ready by the time we open so they leave me alone.

My TL is always saying that too but I never listen, lol. The way our backroom is set up, my backstock is spread from one side of the BR to the other and generally blocked by vehicles and clutter all the way across, so there's no way for me to backstock-as-I-go without it taking 5 times longer than necessary. So I have a push vehicle and backstock vehicles for each side of the BR, and they know I'll have it guest ready by the time we open so they leave me alone.
By the time you open wtf. We only start unloading the truck at 6 am and open at 8 am. The push goes all day till 7 pm or later. the second truck just starts unloading at 10 am.

And I hear triple trucks turkey week.

Nooooo don’t you be saying that about turkey week. I don’t wanna hear it. I. Don’t. Want. To. Hear. It. 😭

By the time you open wtf. We only start unloading the truck at 6 am and open at 8 am. The push goes all day till 7 pm or later. the second truck just starts unloading at 10 am.

And I hear triple trucks turkey week.
We unload at 6 and open at 7.

Agreed about full u-boats. If I can swing it, I work the product that usually goes out with very little back stock first so I can free up some space. But yeah, it's a lot of shifting around - finding the cases for that aisle, setting others aside, managing cardboard so it doesn't fall through the bottom of where it's supposed to go, keeping straight what's back stock, having an empty box for plastic, blah blah blah. Whoever thought up this plan should try to actually work it and see how it goes.

Did you guys know that there's an actual instructional video that the upper management made that shows how it's supposed to be done? I believe it's on workbench. They don't look convincing so yeah I agree with whomever made up this crazy asinine plan should work it for a month to truly see how ASININE it really is!

Because I push H&B repacks, I've thankfully been exempt from the one vehicle rule and I get to have a 3 tier for my backstock. My cardboard is small enough that I can just take a bigger box from elsewhere and pack the smaller pieces into that, keeping it on the bottom of the 3-tier as I work off the u-boat. I also don't have to take the u-boat down the aisle with me to push stuff because the boxes don't come nicely sorted (I used to super sort them but I can't do that anymore) and that would be way too much back and forth.
I haven't been taking my vehicles to the back for my breaks. There is honestly no room anywhere in the back to put them. My truck leads seem to be fine with me just setting it off on the side somewhere. If a guest is upset about a u-boat being on the floor, they can die mad about it. One lead who isn't even in charge of the truck or anyone on it went over the walkie to whine about my stuff being left on the floor. I told them if they had a problem with the way I was doing things, they could come talk to me directly about it instead of making passive-aggressive announcements over the walkie. I guess they decided to pick a different battle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back