Archived Hardlines TL to GSTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was offered a position for GSTL. I am currently a Hardlines TL. My store is trying to revamp the front end. Is there any GSTLs that can give some feedback or any information on it.
I am aware of the scores, red cards and all that. I feel like I would definitely miss the sales floor since that is all Ive known since I started with the company but many leaders say it would help my development since I'm trying to do ETL while going to school. My STL, an ETL and even my DTL have expressed interest in me as an ETL. The only thing is I also want to be a SrTL since I'm not too sure how much longer I have in school, and can't really see that happening in the front.

So any GSTLs care to give some insight on what they do and how they manage their team
Also do you think the move is smart of me to do? My STL highly values the front end

My gstl became a srtl for hl. My questions are, are you ge savvy? Red cards & surveys green? Why haven't they offered srtl in hl? Rock, R & k, red, I need some help here, please for more info.

We had a GSTL who vaulted to SrTL within months then went on to SrCTL at another store. They were an external hire & the short time they were GSTL really immersed them in the GS culture. You have about the same amount of metrics as other areas but it's more GS-intensive. Also depending on your store, you'll be handling the largest teams after flow.

Front end is a completely different dynamic... There are a lot of challenges to overcome but it CAN be rewarding! Your success depends on how well you connect with your team (and guests to a lesser extent). Front end is definitely a lot more people oriented than sales floor, so depending on your personality it could be really easy or hard for you!

I am not so much GE savy but I feel I can be. I just want to know what is gonna seprate me from the E GSTLS to the O GSTLS.

I already own metrics like aar and surveys for elec.
I am really concerned about how to push for red cards esp. after all that drama in the news. And just daily routines for GSTLS

Last edited:
Well REDCards isn't a concern at the moment, and who knows when they're going to start pushing for them again... If they do, it might be a challenge getting people in the habit of asking again.

I could write a whole list of things that separates a Good GSTL from an Outstanding GSTL... Chiefly being able to think globally and how your actions/goals affect the entire store. Also being able to relate well to your subordinates (you are going to have a LOT more of them....)

Well REDCards isn't a concern at the moment, and who knows when they're going to start pushing for them again... If they do, it might be a challenge getting people in the habit of asking again.

I could write a whole list of things that separates a Good GSTL from an Outstanding GSTL... Chiefly being able to think globally and how your actions/goals affect the entire store. Also being able to relate well to your subordinates (you are going to have a LOT more of them....)

Yes, I have been talking to Infamous in PM, but the biggest point is increase your scope (this goes for ALL team leaders actually)... An Outstanding by definition goes ABOVE core roles to achieve their results, which inherently means you don't need an ETL because you are owning all aspects of your business. GE is all people oriented, so you should have huge impacts on things like turnover and BTS results. If you can fix turnover and team culture to where they are motivated to do well and work hard for each other, then all the little goals that I commonly see on my peers goals get fixed rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back