Has anyone else done the “toy/kid” events?

Anyone else in charge of the events target holds every other week? I don’t mind doing them but when the LOD doesn’t care for them... it’s like why do we even do them? Last week, for the LOL Surprise doll event, it was a mess. The event was supposed to start at 10AM but the LOD didn’t give me the instructions and items until 9:50AM (even though I asked for them earlier!). We had a line of people waiting and we didn’t get started until 10:30AM... so over it.

Another LOD goes ALL OUT when it comes to the events. For the Halloween Paw Patrol one, she requisitioned so much candy & we set it up perfectly.

At my store the Lod or team members never know about them till the day of or if I ask about it after being advertised in the weekly ad! At my store they are always unprepared even though we all know lots of guests come for events!

I like that we have fun holiday and promotional events like this. People seem to have a fun time even if it's just getting a small treat.

Last edited:
Sounds boring but at least we are getting paid. 5 of us come in at the same time to work the event. Never worked one before but should have known it wouldn't be that exciting.

I always enjoyed them. We would interact with the kids and parents in a fun way. Plus we always have extras that we end up giving to kids at the checklanes later, which the checkout advocates have enjoyed.

I don't think we are allowed to dress up because we have to remain recognizable as target team members. You might be able to wear a witch hat or bunny ears or something like that but get it approved by a leader first.

Omg it was so busy today. I had my own table and I ran out of the tattoos and mazes by 12 and I had to use 4 of the huge bags of candy even though I was only giving one piece to each kid. At least my shift went by fast lol

Ours did too. A lot of kids came in costume. I was given a bucket and handed out a lot of candy. Kids and parents were super nice and appreciative. I remarked to a parent I wish I could wear a costume and one of the dads commented I was wearing a costume, I'm dressed as a Target team member. I told him he was very clever and his wife says no he just thinks he is. It was a fun day for a change.

Back