Has anyone used the MyCheckout on a lane with a broken card reader?

At my store we have at least two lanes with card readers that don’t work. Is it possible to use everything except for the card reader and use the MyCheckouts for card payments? If so can we get a way to attach the card reader to a bungee so they can be removed like at Apple?
If not can we just turn a regular lane into card only then? We would use the Zebra for the entire process and use the lane for the space, conveyor belt and light.

At my store we have at least two lanes with card readers that don’t work. Is it possible to use everything except for the card reader and use the MyCheckouts for card payments? If so can we get a way to attach the card reader to a bungee so they can be removed like at Apple?
If not can we just turn a regular lane into card only then? We would use the Zebra for the entire process and use the lane for the space, conveyor belt and light.
technically, yes.

Actually? No. Yes, they detach, and IIRC they are independent on their own battery. However, these readers are costly and fragile. They do not want you to take them off.

If that's the case, suspend it on the POS. and finish the transaction on your MCO.

Just use the my checkout only on the affected lanes & not the register. You should be line busting with it.
We did that to get our score up. Please don not separate the phone from the my checkout. They are paired to a certain zebra.

Last edited:

I suggest partnering with your SETL, who can put in requests to get the equipment repaired!

I suggest partnering with your SETL, who can put in requests to get the equipment repaired!
Same. At my store we have 2 that don’t work. One isn’t used at all and one needs to be fixed. The work order was put in last month and we are still waiting for it to be completed. We are using a MCO for now when lines get long

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. At my store we have 2 that don’t work. One isn’t used at all and one needs to be fixed. The work order was put in last month and we are still waiting for it to be completed. We are using a MCO for now when lines get long
odd. our tech card reader broke today. estimated repair. Tomorrow! I’d follow up on that card reader lol.

Back