Archived Has the Mobile Schedule Ever Been Wrong for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when I first started working at Target and they were telling me about the mobile schedule, they said that there are some times where it's wrong, and you should always follow the schedule that's posted on the wall. That was 3 months ago, and so far the mobile schedule has been correct and the same as the wall schedule, until this week.
Earlier this week I checked it and it was pretty different from the wall schedule, and it gave me repeating hours that I knew I didn't have. It fixed itself for the most part on Thursday, a day that already passed was wrong but I didn't care considering that day was over with and I knew the mobile was wrong. But now it's saying that I work today from 4-12, when I know for sure that the wall schedule never said that. The wall schedule said I was off today.

Of course you guys won't know for sure if I was scheduled today or not, but has this ever happened to you? Should I just forget about the mobile schedule and assume it's wrong, because the wall schedule said I had off today all week?

I wouldn't be so paranoid if the mobile schedule didn't totally make up a time. Before when it was wrong, it simply repeated the wrong scheduled times (if I was scheduled for 3-10 wednesday, it glitched and said I was also scheduled 3-10 thursday even though I wasn't). But I haven't worked a 4-12 shift at all this week \:

My only problem is that if I do end up working today and if there were to call me asking where I am, I wouldn't be able to make it in today. I'm not really worried about termination considering that I was hired for seasonal and my last day is the 10th, but I still don't want to get on anyone's bad side!

Last edited:
My store's HR said that if there's ever a doubt that you should call and ask the operator for the LOD to verify. Don't make a habit of it, but they would rather the occasional call to verify schedule than a missed shift.

As to your question about mobile, I was told that it is always the source of truth. Mine has never been at all different from the posted schedule, and when I pick up a shift or agree to come in on a day off it usually shows up the next morning on my mobile schedule.

It seems like the mobile schedule reflects what the timeclock is expecting, and it also shows my actual punches in real time. I can check on my meal break and see the exact minute I clocked out. Don't see how this could ever be off unless someone is putting in bad info or doing something wrong when scheduling.

Yes. My mobile schedule has been screwed up before.

I brought it up with HR, and they told me that the wall schedule has priority. If you weren't notified about a change, then there was no change. They can't change your schedule without telling you about it.

Always the wall schedule. Didn't even know about the mobile thing. I've been scheduled/rescheduled without notice once or twice. I can't go wrong with the wall schedule.

Employment has gone so high tech since my last civilian job. Lol. Can't keep up with the times.

So is the system unreliable or is it an error on the part of the person doing the schedule? I tend to suspect the latter, especially since I've never seen any discrepancy.

I have seen where the online schedule was up a day before they posted the print schedule, and once where the print schedule was up for a day before the online schedule went up. Both times they matched perfectly, but clearly the systems aren't perfectly linked.

Pretty sure the online schedule doesn't make stuff up from thin air... the bad data is coming from somewhere.

The system's unreliable. I've been looking at my phone incorrectly displaying the schedule while sitting at a computer looking at myTime's correct schedule in TSC. There was no history of edits on my schedule that week, either.

Like everyone has said, the system is unreliable. They had me scheduled for two shifts for one day online but on the wall it only had be down for one. The shifts were back to back too, so I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not. I talked to my GS-ETL and she basically said that half of the time it's two people making schedules (HR and your TL) so they sometimes collide and go unfixed. Just talk to them and have them fix the problems.

I should clarify that I hated the mobile site, so I always use the desktop site on my phone... that is the one that is always correct for me.

wss.target.com/selfservice

Can't speak to the mobile view because I never use it, but scary if the mobile format doesn't match the desktop site!

Both the wall schedule and the online one are really screwy at my store. I've known of at least two instances where someone has been scheduled a twenty-two hour or longer shift and that was on the printed schedule. One on these instances actually predates MyTime. I know my online schedule has had me marked as working a fifteen and half hour long shift when I'm only working from three thirty til midnight. Btw, I worked this exact same shift on the same same day for three weeks and it always showed me working more hours than scheduled. It even had me down as working for eight hours on a day I wasn't even scheduled to work.

I should clarify that I hated the mobile site, so I always use the desktop site on my phone... that is the one that is always correct for me.

wss.target.com/selfservice

Can't speak to the mobile view because I never use it, but scary if the mobile format doesn't match the desktop site!

I had no idea about the desktop site, and that one is showing that I did indeed have the day off. Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who responded :)

It seems like whenever your scheduled a shift that extends from one week to the next i.e. Saturday night into Sunday morning it glitches and causes errors in the next weeks schedule. When full week view is selected the errors go away for me.

I don't even really look at the wall anymore. I look when it goes up and then I look if I'm at work and can't remember when I work the next day (all the time because I never memorize it). Mine has seemingly never differed, though. Only time the two are different is if I picked up a shift or hr changed something (I asked for more hours once and every shift was extended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back