Archived have a question for an Ap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it flag somehow? She is petrified but I don't c why.....I'm a p.a. so I wouldn't know much about the register and ap

U can use your discount with a gift card though .....her fear is a flag due to the transaction under her number producing a gift card that she later used

"Team member discount" "gift card payment", i write down every gift card # that i can't find the origin to and send it to the IC

A friend of mine (who is an etl)returned her 3ds to target no receipt....so then she had her nephew bring it in he returned it to the the full price not the w/o receipt price and put it on a gift card....she then got the gift card after wards and used it a few days after when she went to another target... But used her target discount......can she get fired?
unless someone knows and reports her its unlikely to get flagged.

i don't know targets flagging system, but if she personally returned it for full value then used her team member discount with that discount it might be flagged.

She had someone else return it , but used the gift card with her discount..pretty dum move but she completely forgot about the return

I'm gonna take a stab at this
A friend of mine, who is an ETL, returned her 3ds to target without a receipt. Then she had her nephew bring it in, he got it returned for the full price and put it on a gift card. She then got the gift card afterward and used it a few days later when she went to another target, where she used her target discount. Can she get fired?
From what I see she returned it, then had her nephew return the same item again? Uh yeah she can get fired for that, that's fraudulent returns. Maybe you could be more clear (sentence structure helps) about what she did, because this seems very unlikely.

She bought the Ds.....then had the nephew return it with no receipt....gave him the full value (not the without receipt value) on a gift card.....then used the gift card a few days later using her tm discount

I just saw how I typed it...lol apologize for the confusion

Ah, so she used her discount to buy the DS, then had her nephew return it without a receipt and she changed the value to full and overrode the limit. Then bought more stuff using that gift card using her discount.

I don't know about it getting any automatic red flags but there is definitely a paper trail and if anyone notices (AP likes to look for gift card TM discount transactions) then she will either get fired for theft if the amount adds to a felony, or if not will probably just be performanced out.

The only automatic red flag I could see is her numbers returning to a gift card and later using the same gift card and discount number to buy stuff. With investigation centers closing this could easily just fall through the cracks.

EDIT: Unless you report her using the hotline. Depends on how much you like her I guess.

Last edited:
Y do they like to look for gift card tm transactions?

Usually for performancing people out or to use in case they need to fire them for some reason/give them a bad review grade. Because you're not supposed to buy a GC with a non-eligible form of payment (Visa card for example) to use with your TM discount, if they are looking to performance you out or CCA you, they'll use that.

Because TMs will buy gift cards with a credit card, then use that gift card with their discount. This allows the discount card to be used with any credit card, rather than only redcards, checks, and cash.

This is a violation of the discount policy and some AP like the points they get for turning violators in.

If you buy a target gift card with a credit card than you use the gift card later with your team member discount that is a final. You're only allowed to use the gift card if someone else gave it to you. it doesn't matter if it's a year later and at a differnt store you use the gift card. Still a final

IC will flag the transaction because it looks sketchy. But she certainly wont be fired for it. If the AP is over-zealous they will open a quick internal on her without her knowing. However, since this was a one time thing, they will drop it.

Because TMs will buy gift cards with a credit card, then use that gift card with their discount. This allows the discount card to be used with any credit card, rather than only redcards, checks, and cash.

This is a violation of the discount policy and some AP like the points they get for turning violators in.
The funny thing is years and years ago when I first started at Spot...the front end was pretty much promoting Target gift cards ( they were a new thing then) the way they push red cads now...they were suppose to sell a certain amount of gift cards per day...So they would tells us to buy gift cards to pay for our items...they would ring up the transaction then suspend it..put that amount on a giftcard and we could use our discount and they got credit for a gift card sale. My how things have changed over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back