Archived Have estimated pull times become shorter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StackerMistress

What's a team lift?
So either I'm getting slower (which I doubt is the case), or the estimated pull times given by Workload Planning Tools has become a lot more accurate. I used to be able to pull 1:20 in an hour if I hustled. Now a 45 minute pull actually takes close to 45 minutes. Have the algorithms changed? There are some instances where it still really overestimates... for example, if there are lots of different DVDs/Blurays to grab, I can get 20 minutes of MM2 in 5 minutes. But on the whole, it seems to be a lot closer in accuracy. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I have no clue how to check the estimated pull times but would love to know. Then I can get back to you.

I haven't noticed a change in the times. You should be completing your pulls in half the time unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Gun runner, find a computer, click on Workbench, use the same password you use for eHR. You need to find Workload Planning Tools--I have mine put in my Quick Links. Click on that, then you click on the top link in that page... I think it's Replenishment Workload Tools or something like that. After that, you would hover the cursor over the "Monitor" tab, and click on CAF monitor. Find whatever time you need (12:00, 1:00, etc). On that page, you can see all of the departments (assuming they're all in the PDA, sometimes it takes a few minutes after the top of the hour for them to all drop), number of DPCIs and eaches, estimated time, and, after they are pulled, who pulled them and how long it took. Unfortunately, the timer for each dept. starts as soon as you enter a batch and keeps running even if you exit one, so the time it takes to pull is not always accurate.

Itemmerge: Half the time? Damn, you must be wicked fast.

Ditto on the half time thing. I usually can finish in half the time, unless they are only 30 minutes or less. It's weird, I can finish hour and half pulls in 45 minutes, but if it's 30 minutes or less, that's how long it takes.

How long the pulls take really depends on the size of the individual batches. Having 40 batches of 2-3 DPCIs each will estimate to about an hour and take almost that long due to traveling from one aisle to the next. Pulling 2 batches of 40 DPCIs can be done in about 20 minutes.

I miss the days of CAFs every 2 hours because there was MUCH less traveling between aisles and staging on the line. It was much more effiecient.

How long the pulls take really depends on the size of the individual batches. Having 40 batches of 2-3 DPCIs each will estimate to about an hour and take almost that long due to traveling from one aisle to the next. Pulling 2 batches of 40 DPCIs can be done in about 20 minutes.

I miss the days of CAFs every 2 hours because there was MUCH less traveling between aisles and staging on the line. It was much more effiecient.

yes and I still remember hearing how they wouldn't be longer than 15 minutes with the switch to dropping every hour lol.

Gun runner, find a computer, click on Workbench, use the same password you use for eHR. You need to find Workload Planning Tools--I have mine put in my Quick Links. Click on that, then you click on the top link in that page... I think it's Replenishment Workload Tools or something like that. After that, you would hover the cursor over the "Monitor" tab, and click on CAF monitor. Find whatever time you need (12:00, 1:00, etc). On that page, you can see all of the departments (assuming they're all in the PDA, sometimes it takes a few minutes after the top of the hour for them to all drop), number of DPCIs and eaches, estimated time, and, after they are pulled, who pulled them and how long it took. Unfortunately, the timer for each dept. starts as soon as you enter a batch and keeps running even if you exit one, so the time it takes to pull is not always accurate.

Itemmerge: Half the time? Damn, you must be wicked fast.

The timer does not start when you enter a batch, it actually starts when you scan the first location label.

yes and I still remember hearing how they wouldn't be longer than 15 minutes with the switch to dropping every hour lol.

15 min pull time? Never seen it, ever. Smallest I have ever seen was this weekend with some 30 minute CAF pulls due to the weather in Texas. Our sales on Friday and Saturday were down by over $150k each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back