Archived Having to many baffles in the backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffles are not a good thing. Your goal is to have as few errors (baffles and ghosts) as possible.

Straight from The Break Room Wiki.

A baffle is an error that one might encounter in the backroom. Baffle is an acronym which stands for BAckstock Found and Fixed in Location.

A baffle occurs when an item is found in a location into which it was not previously backstocked. Baffles may only occur when one is pulling a batch, but not when using standalone SUBT to pull an item. This allows one to reset the accumulator via SUBT9999

The search function is your best friend.
This site has tons of useful info.
Posted by commie.

So, for example, you enter the wrong quantity (too little) when backstocking or when pulling. You enter 6, but there's really 7. Autofills pull 6, one's left but the system doesn't know it. Later on, the lone item is scanned when pulling another batch, the system didn't know it was there, so it adds it. This results in a baffle error.

Another way baffles are created is through M-delete. You scan some items in a waco but not all and then use m-delete. The items you didn't scan are now unlocated -- the system doesn't know they are there.

One easy way to see if something is baffled is scanning it in STO, the location will be listed but without a quantity. I believe baffles will also prompt you when pulling the item (Did you pull all from the location?)

Last edited:
You can also backstock the wrong product and create a baffle. You backstocked 7 cans of black beans, but one of those was low sodium. If the low sodium one gets scanned before the regular ones, it will result in an error.

This happens a lot in my store.

Straight from The Break Room Wiki.

A baffle is an error that one might encounter in the backroom. Baffle is an acronym which stands for BAckstock Found and Fixed in Location.

When I was first hired I was told that it meant Backroom Accidentally Found and Fixed Location Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back