Archived Heads up on PM scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
there have been A LOT of people trying to pricematch the Nikon Coolpix camera from Amazon at Target. First, it is NOT sold by Amazon just shipped by Amazon via a fulfillment center. It is sold by a THIRD PARTY. If one tries it, please don't match it because they'll go to another Target and someone will make a scene because the "OTHER TARGET JUST DID IT FOR MEEEE!"

Our policy clearly states we do NOT match 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Furthermore, we won't PM the price then apply a 40% off CW to that. It's a camera over $249 and guests are trying to get it for around $88. Some oblivious associate even pricematched it to a used one being sold on Amazon by a third party and that guest got it for around $60.00!

It has hit Instagram and multiple FB pages so be ready for the influx of irritated people because a few jackhats let it slide.

I always just walkie my etl or lod and ask.I have learned most of our policies,however learning new things each day and I have found some great knowledge on here, so thanks to everyone that shares on here.

Just a note on that camera - nothing to do with the scam - I won 2 photo exhibits with photos I took with Nikon Coolpix. One was the 8400 the other the 9500.

As far as price matching. We have notes all over our side of guest services that states it has to be actually sold by Amazon NOT Third party

I actually got into my first e-beef because of this, lol. I commented quoting Target policy to deter others from trying to replicate the deal but was quickly dismissed by people saying..."MY Target said it just had to be FULFILLED by Amazon!!" Or just told to STFU. *shrugs* Think there were 150+ shares and 300+ likes by the time I gave up. I caught it within an hour of them posting it too, so no clue if it's gone viral.

Just wish more GSA's knew policy.

I'll be curious what our LOD says when I call her up for this. I won't approve it, but I'm not allowed to say no, either.

Isn't that the camera that we had on Black Friday for like $99?

We couldn't give those things away. We have atleast 100 on hands of them.

Isn't that the camera that we had on Black Friday for like $99?

We couldn't give those things away. We have atleast 100 on hands of them.
That is the one from Black Friday. We had sold all of them, for once. The previous year on a Nikon camera, we had 42 left over from black Friday.

Thanks bro got hit last night by this with etl-ap standing next to the guest service team member sigh i hate these young etls.

I'll be curious what our LOD says when I call her up for this. I won't approve it, but I'm not allowed to say no, either.
You'll be told to give them an extra 20% off "for the inconvenience" after the price match. Also give them a free $20 gift card because this other camera that sells for $500 comes with one.

This is why when someone says they want to price match i ask ahere, and look it up before the product leaves electronics. I just would say sorry we cant price match it because of x reason. They give up then. Or if alot of people ask, i let them know you cant price match and use cartwheel.

I'm a GSA and stick to policies like glue. I get in trouble because of that. We had an obvious third party amazon price match on a $100 item for $21.49. Politely told the guest we cannot because it was sold by a third party through amazon and not amazon themselves. Next thing you know an LOD is up at the service desk and the guest got the item. Then I got pulled off stage to be told how to vibe.

Policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back